Running latest leak and have a couple questions

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by gixxer340, Jun 18, 2012.

1. gixxer340

gixxer340 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed the lated leak and i have a couple Q's

1. Is there any way to get rid of the CD partition that trys to run every time I connect to my PC via the USB cable?

2. For some reason Windows media player no longer recognizes the phone as an MP3 player. I think that it is because the devicec driver is not being installed in windows. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

2. HowardZ

HowardZ Member

Ratings:
    +3
  3. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    If you're rooted, there's a file /etc/CDROM.ISO. Remove it. That will kill the autoplay.

I think you'll have to wait for official ICS before that feature works again(if it even does). My question is why would you want/need it to be recognized as an MP3 player? USB Mass storage doesn't work for whatever you're trying to do?

4. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I select "mount as hard drive" I only get the prompts asking if I want to open the files. Both the phone and the SD card show up as drives on the computer. I think the first time I plugged it in, it showed up as a disk drive, but since then it works the same as the Gingerbread did for me.

5. gixxer340

gixxer340 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the answers so far.

I am running non rooted so I can't delet the file that you speak of.

As for the MP# player question;

Before I installed the leak I could connect to teh computer and open windows media player and it would show up in the list of sync'able devices so I could just drag music over it and choose sync to put music in the device. Now I have to go to windows explorer and copy the actual music folders to the phone. Not a deal breaker by any means but I just thought it was strange that this would have changed by installing the leak. I though this was standard android/windows functionality.

Jeff