Running Jelly Bean 4.1 ...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Having the same issues with JellyBelly as with the Liquid Jelly Bean ROM. Back to ICS again...... BAH!

You're doing something wrong then. Do you have clockwork touch? Have you tried using superwipe? Your issues are most likely caused by lingering remnants of ICS.

immortal_ben

Reaction score
I guess it would have to be a remnant, but I am not doing a dirty flash. I will try superwipe. I do not have clockwork TOUCH, but I can get that too, I suppose.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess it would have to be a remnant, but I am not doing a dirty flash. I will try superwipe. I do not have clockwork TOUCH, but I can get that too, I suppose.

No, stay away from Clockwork Touch. It has issues with JB for some people. Yeah, try superwipe and make sure you verify your md5 to assure you're getting a good download.

immortal_ben

Reaction score
No, stay away from Clockwork Touch. It has issues with JB for some people. Yeah, try superwipe and make sure you verify your md5 to assure you're getting a good download.

What is md5? I got the dl directly from the dev link on XDA forum.

I tried superwipe, but used CWTouch. Had the exact same issues. I will delete all of the ROM from my phone and desktop, re-dl it all from scratch, get rid of CWTouch, and try again with superwipe.

Aggravating

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is md5? I got the dl directly from the dev link on XDA forum.

I tried superwipe, but used CWTouch. Had the exact same issues. I will delete all of the ROM from my phone and desktop, re-dl it all from scratch, get rid of CWTouch, and try again with superwipe.

Aggravating

Did you see my post in that other thread? The xda link you provided was NOT for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus...

52brandon

Reaction score
Did you see my post in that other thread? The xda link you provided was NOT for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus...
lol, minor details. Verizon GNEX = Toro/CDMA. AXI0M ENGAGE was great for me, no problems installing (CWM touch), no reboots, no issues whatsoever. I'm trying TR4NSCEND right now, just booted, theme is sick, but no idea on functionality as I'm waiting for my apps to DL

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, minor details. Verizon GNEX = Toro/CDMA.

Yeah, no kidding.

FYI, there's potentially (but not actually always the case) three different versions of each rom floating around out there. One for the general GSM Nexus, one for the Sprint Nexus, and one for our very own Verizon Nexus. These are not interchangeable and you need to pay special attention that you're in the correct forum.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
so JB is really that much smoother then? I know that comparison video that's really slowed down looks like a big difference, but wasn't sure how much that would be noticed in real time...

immortal_ben

Reaction score
so JB is really that much smoother then? I know that comparison video that's really slowed down looks like a big difference, but wasn't sure how much that would be noticed in real time...

It is noticeably smoother. Mine seems to be working correctly now, and I am loving the Buttery goodness. DancingNexus

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

A very good amount faster and smoother. I just switched to Droid Th3ory's ROM and it's even a log faster than the regular one with his scripts. Got to say, this feels finally even smoother than iOS. Watch TheVerge cast for their take on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

eric16l

Reaction score
JB not displaying all photos in Gallery

Are any of you having problems with JB displaying every picture in your Gallery? I have just under 2,000 pictures on my phone in DCIM\Pictures. I have tried 2 JB ROMs and each of them only display about 430 of those pictures. They are definitely still on the phone as I can see them with multiple File Explorer apps.

I installed a different gallery app (QuickPic) and it sees all of the pictures like the stock Gallery app did on ICS.

Can anyone with a large amount of pictures test out any JB ROM you are on and let me know if you are seeing the same behavior? I would greatly appreciate it.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
can someone point me to the JB aosp rom that i can download quickly? the rootzwiki v2.4 rom is taking forever to download. his server must be overloaded.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
can someone point me to the JB aosp rom that i can download quickly? the rootzwiki v2.4 rom is taking forever to download. his server must be overloaded.

There is no AOSP JB ROM yet, as JB hasn't hit source yet. They are all hacked builds based off of the GSM preview.

Although by this point I would hope your download of whatever you are downloading has finished.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
cupfulloflol said:
There is no AOSP JB ROM yet, as JB hasn't hit source yet. They are all hacked builds based off of the GSM preview.

Although by this point I would hope your download of whatever you are downloading has finished.

Oic...I cancelled the download cuz it said 18hrs. Lol o well I'll continue it. Thanks