Running Jelly Bean 4.1 ...

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I've heard mixed reports. Some say they see no difference, others say Linaro kernels only add to the smoothness.

Edit: Oh, were you referring to head-to-head? If that's the case, there's no comparison. JB makes android 1000 times faster and smoother than Linaro injected ICS.
I wouldn't say 1000 times. But it is smoother. Most ICS Roms had tons of goodies added. I'm sure that has something to do with it. JB will slow down soon enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

alboboy10

Reaction score
combatmedic870 said:
For me. Battery life is better then it was. But I was running a linardo build that had issues :)

I'm sure we will see it pushed to our phones....meh probably after the new nexus phone comes out. So...mid December.

Why mid December...isn't Google pushing jb to nexus phones mid July?

honors21

Reaction score
Yes they are everyone is going to panic because of an issue between Samsung and Verizon on the last update but Samsung has this one should all be good.

Durandgir

Reaction score
The Robot Cow said:
When i was running cm9 w/linaro it ran really well. The benchmark scores were even better than some tablets i think the highest i got was about 3300 on quadrant. But with jb it feels alot smoother and polished. I was running vanirbeans v2.1 and now im on v5. Let me tell the skeptics this; i wasn't expecting this "hacked port" to be this good. It feels better than cm9 w/linaro. The new features in jb are pretty cool. My wifi and gps is working as it used to be.
This rom is stable enough to be a daily driver. This was only released a couple days ago. Imagine how awesome jb is going to be once the devs get crackin

I'm not a skeptic I would believe it. However the reason why i won't flash it is its a hacked port of a nandroid. One that cause multiple issues especially sometimes with the data partition. Its causing boot loop issues and having restore it to 100% locked stock then rerooting.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes they are everyone is going to panic because of an issue between Samsung and Verizon on the last update but Samsung has this one should all be good.

This is incorrect. Make no mistake, Verizon is in control of this update, just like the previous one. At minimum you should expect this pushed 2+ months after gsm gets it. Lucky for us, we have AOSP and talented devs.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm not a skeptic I would believe it. However the reason why i won't flash it is its a hacked port of a nandroid. One that cause multiple issues especially sometimes with the data partition. Its causing boot loop issues and having restore it to 100% locked stock then rerooting.

It's funny to me that some people have such glaring issues while others, such as myself, have none. Very odd indeed.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's funny to me that some people have such glaring issues while others, such as myself, have none. Very odd indeed.

Makes no sense. I honestly think it's user error. People not following directions. Or I guess it could be minor hardware differences between each device.

In any event, it sounds like a fix for the boot loop of death has been found. Users on clockwork touch need to flash back to the regular clockwork and then flash the super wipe zip.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

alboboy10

Reaction score
I don't wanna have to hack my phone so I can get updates in time though.

Verizon is making very hard for me to stay with them

Durandgir

Reaction score
sbenson said:
Makes no sense. I honestly think it's user error. People not following directions. Or I guess it could be minor hardware differences between each device.

In any event, it sounds like a fix for the boot loop of death has been found. Users on clockwork touch need to flash back to the regular clockwork and then flash the super wipe zip.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

A lot of it is probably user error but some devs had issues with it. I think it boils down to hardware differences in the end. I'll probably bite the bullet eventually but currently I'm fine, I won't be able to use my phone for a month so hopefully source will drop by the time I get back.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Why mid December...isn't Google pushing jb to nexus phones mid July?

That was more of a joke then reality. We will see if vzw is on there game this time.
I'm most likely going to iPhone 5 if verzon doesn't update in a timely fashion. Why? Eh I switch phones a lot and I've never owned an iPhone.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Runs even better? One thing I did notice is the keyboard still lags like in ICS. You gotta type a bit faster but it still has a bit of character lag.
All keyboard lag seems to be gone for me finally. It was only in the browser when it lagged. Hasn't since on JB.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mid December? You're kidding yourselves ... Maybe May 2013 ...

With the current releases of most of the ROM's all the issues had been addressed - this is definately a daily driver right now.

BTW, if any haven't noticed/read, this version also corrected the Contact Pictures issue - nothing like having a contact pic come up in Hi Resolution and stay that way!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mid December? You're kidding yourselves ... Maybe May 2013 ...

With the current releases of most of the ROM's all the issues had been addressed - this is definately a daily driver right now.

BTW, if any haven't noticed/read, this version also corrected the Contact Pictures issue - nothing like having a contact pic come up in Hi Resolution and stay that way!
Thats good to know.