Running into some lag

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by x25064, Mar 21, 2011.

1. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey all,

running 5.02 and it has been a rock solid performer on my phone for awhile now but lately not so much..

I am running into some serious lag and I'm not sure why. Here's what I've done thus far:

-Installed Honeycomb theme
    -lag started about 5 days later
    -setcpu would not follow its profiles and would need to be opened every time I unlocked my phone
    -ADW started redrawing despite being locked in memory
    -scrolling because choppy
    -screen transitions became choppy for 15 seconds before smoothing out
    -browser speed started slowing down (stock)
    -phone takes forever to wake when I have an incoming call, almost to the point where the call is missed

I haven't had any other trouble except for this, as for apps in my memory I have Handcent, Messaging, and App Protector Pro (my lockscreen wouldn't pop up due to being killed). No compcache, and default heapsize. I moved all the apps to SD and used the built in governor but it seems to have made it worse. Not sure what to do at this point other then reflash the rom. I almost suspect the honeycomb theme of slowing my phone down, but I'm not sure yet.

Any insight or similar experiences?

2. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Also right now I am going to revert back to stock theme and do a hard reset to see if maybe that'll make any difference.

3. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I kind of have the similar issue. I'm running hc also. I hope it isn't the theme. As I was told it should be a theme to cause this issue bc its all pngs and color chnages that's it. So idk...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +260
    Have you tried clearing dalvik cache?

Sent from my Incinerated DROID

5. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah forgot to mention that, cleared the cache too. I reverted back to my initial backup of the rom when I originally flashed it and I am still experiencing some lag. I am thinking maybe my D1 is starting to die. I would have thought the life of these phones would last a bit longer then a year and some change..

6. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    have you tried this?

i tried the autokiller method, which helped but i experienced some heat issues. GLD's froyo numbers proved to work best for me.

to help with the redraws, i've installed adw to /system/app rather than allow it to be installed in /data/app which i've found to help on all gingerbread roms. perhaps that'll help you if you haven't done so already.

best,
    rf

7. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ill try that out, it seems to be running a little better today since I shut off all governors. Battery life isn't taking a hit either. (Maybe due GB's insane task killer?)

Sent from my D1 running Project Elite 5.02