1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Running hot??

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by actngrezy, May 1, 2010.

1. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

I'm having this heat issuse now. I installed ud 9.8 and the 2nd day I had it it seemd to run hot like 100 - 110f degrees surfng web for 15 mins. well I switch to ud 10 and same thing but on bb v9 never had that issues always between 90 -98f surfing for awhile well i installed the leak and i was inbetween like 90 - 100f again which was fine i guess then all of sudden in stall the new smoked glass for the leak posted tonite and right after booting up surf for like 5 mins and bam 113f now its like 105 to 110f surfing for some reason. I used chevys lv kernal on bb v9 then on ud tried chevys and adam and was hot . then now Im using p3 1 gig and this is only at 600mhz its not even overclocked really. What could be the issue???

Update: tried running a chevys 1ghz lv kernel and still got up tp 109 within 4 mins of browsing.
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  2. Iphone Eyes

Iphone Eyes New Member

Thank for this information.
  3. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

That's not running hot buddy that's running normal :D Average temps I've seen range from 80-120F anything above 120 I consider to be warm/slightly hot. Playing games for long times I've seen upto 145F with a kernel a 1-1.2ghz. The highest Ive ever seen was 175F but that was while stress testing a 1.3GHz kernel.

The OMAP process can handle up to about 220F according to TI, so I wouldn't worry about your temps unless it stays at 120+ consistently.