Running fission 2.5.7, couple of newb questions.

nateohio

Reaction score
I just recently rooted and flashed to fission. I got a couple of questions for all of the users here.

#1 I want to try out different themes and add-ons, but I don't like having to reset everything. Is there a backup program that I can use like a hard drive imaging program? Where I can try something and if I don't like it I can revert back to the previous state.

#2 Where can I get my hands on a stable SBF to return to a stock Verizon ROM? So I can undo flashing and rooting if I ever have to return my droid2 to Verizon.

#3 Once I have a SBF, How do I go about using it to return to stock? Is there any special program I need to use to install it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just recently rooted and flashed to fission. I got a couple of questions for all of the users here.

#1 I want to try out different themes and add-ons, but I don't like having to reset everything. Is there a backup program that I can use like a hard drive imaging program? Where I can try something and if I don't like it I can revert back to the previous state.

#2 Where can I get my hands on a stable SBF to return to a stock Verizon ROM? So I can undo flashing and rooting if I ever have to return my droid2 to Verizon.

#3 Once I have a SBF, How do I go about using it to return to stock? Is there any special program I need to use to install it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

1. Titanium Backup
2. http://www.droid2files.com/tools/VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf
3. TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Another noob questions for me. Is fission 2.57 based on android 2.2 or 2.3? I thought it was 2.3, but says 2.2.1 under android version in the About tab. If it is 2.2, what ROMS, fission or otherwise, run on 2.3?