Running Available Memory

Gazooo

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

How much memory do you have to keep the M. Droid cruising. When I notice a lag I check ATK and I usually have 30 some mb available. I do my kill and I am cruising again. Since adding a few apps ATK restores to the 70s usually.

What does everyone here do? I have alot of apps, I guess that contributes. Any suggestions?

Also I check the default running services on the M. Droid and it says.."Avail 42mb+46mb in 12 and Other: 50mb in 3" for example. What does all that mean?

Thanks

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Too bad we couldn't put a sticky up about this for former Blackberry users.

jimnutt

Reaction score
Another thing to remember about Linux (which Android is based on) is that it considers free memory to be "wasted" memory. It will use all the memory it can for buffers and such, freeing it up when an app needs it. So free memory can be a bit misleading.

OP
G

Gazooo

Reaction score
Thanks all, I read the link about Linux and how it handles memory. I am going to not use ATK for the week and see if I need it. Coming from Windows Mobile with the last couple of years being a BB user I was unable to pull the trigger and delete it from my phone.

Crazy isn't it, really, I couldn't do it, lol.

I will see how it goes...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks all, I read the link about Linux and how it handles memory. I am going to not use ATK for the week and see if I need it. Coming from Windows Mobile with the last couple of years being a BB user I was unable to pull the trigger and delete it from my phone.

Crazy isn't it, really, I couldn't do it, lol.

I will see how it goes...
Blackberries are the leading cause of free memory OCD. I know, I'm recovering myself :)