Running a little hot?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
yikes. i've never hit that temp ever, doing anything. having nav on during a drive i only got up in the low 40s.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I have been to 53 before. Mounted on dash running nav and pandora.
I think I was running a 1. 2 ghz kernel.
Sent from my Droid

PJnc284

Reaction score
I've hit 156F (~69C) on the CPU in the window mount using nav after about 45min. Apparently it's a known issue with Droids overheating in the window mount. Worst thing about it is that it quits charging once it gets to a certain temp and the battery just drains insanely fast. Ditched the window mount for a generic vent mount and everything stays cool.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I've hit 156F (~69C) on the CPU in the window mount using nav after about 45min. Apparently it's a known issue with Droids overheating in the window mount. Worst thing about it is that it quits charging once it gets to a certain temp and the battery just drains insanely fast. Ditched the window mount for a generic vent mount and everything stays cool.

I ended up directing the center vents right below my mount to blow directly on it.

Sent from my Droid

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
To follow up here... I let the phone sit all night on a fresh 084 sapphire rom. Picked it up @ 22c. We'll see where it goes from here.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mjones73

Reaction score

I may need to add some ventilation to mine to see if it helps though I've never had it really over heat in the mount in the past.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
I was skeptical when reading about temp's being lower after a day, but I'm a believer now. Yesterday came back to Sapphire after a brief stint with SS.4. I really liked S.7, but was having too much trouble with voice search to use it daily. After reloading (stock kernal), my phone was always at 95F when idle, not charging and screen off.

But this morning, I woke up to 69F and it hasn't hit 93F with normal usage, GPS or charging.

Not sure what changes, but I'm all for it!

Thoraldus

Reaction score
One thing to remember, your phone can never be cooler than the ambient temperature. It doesn't have a refrigeration unit built in. ;-) The operating temperature will always be some positive offset from the ambient temperature depending on how much work:lifting: the CPU is doing and what transmit power level your radio needs to maintain a cell tower connection.

Mounting the phone in direct sunlight on your dash is a sure fire way to run the temps up.

If your Droid starts doing spontaneous reboots, try cooling that puppy down!