Running a little hot?

superkeest

Reaction score
I just flashed sapphire today because i saw someones ridiculous quadrant results. It ran super hot on the stock kernal so i installed jghgfs 1.2 ghz kernel and it was much cooler. But i couldnt get speeds anywhere close to CM6 so i went back.

validoption

Reaction score
I can't win. Stock Sapph. kernel runs too hot. jdflg has broken wifi. Chevy forces bootloops. Even P3's redline series for this ROM are now forcing bootloops.

I'm done. Sucks, but I'm done. My droid is just a finnicky jerk.

EDIT: and I figured Chevy wouldn't work because it probably wasn't an anykernel updater kinda thing, but that was a long shot.

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I can't win. Stock Sapph. kernel runs too hot. jdflg has broken wifi. Chevy forces bootloops. Even P3's redline series for this ROM are now forcing bootloops.

Silly question, but you wiped before installing each kernel right? If you flash say a jdlfg on top of a P3 you'll likely get bootloops, same when moving to any different kernel.

validoption

Reaction score

Silly question, but you wiped before installing each kernel right? If you flash say a jdlfg on top of a P3 you'll likely get bootloops, same when moving to any different kernel.

When changing kernels, I format the boot partition under the advance menu, yes. That has been standard practice for me, and I have not encountered any issues with any 2.1 or 2.2 build I've tried to-date. This consistent bootlooping is new to my device. I appreciate the suggestion, however. Fortunately, I am a backup hoarder, so I've got a bunch to choose from to get me up and running on a different ROM.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

I've never wiped when changing kernels, ever.

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

I didn't used to either, but when I tried to overwrite a ChevyNo1 kernel with jdlfg kernel, I always get bootloops. But when I flash a jdlfg kernel over a clean ROM I haven't seen a bootloop yet.

Anyways, could just be me, or it could be overwriting sometimes doesn't work.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

I didn't used to either, but when I tried to overwrite a ChevyNo1 kernel with jdlfg kernel, I always get bootloops. But when I flash a jdlfg kernel over a clean ROM I haven't seen a bootloop yet.

Anyways, could just be me, or it could be overwriting sometimes doesn't work.

Maybe I just don't change kernels/ROMs as much, so I've never encountered an error. :)

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Yea I think I was flashing between Cm6, Sapphire and Kangerade for quite some time last night switching in and out kernels... time to get a life I guess

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Yea I think I was flashing between Cm6, Sapphire and Kangerade for quite some time last night switching in and out kernels... time to get a life I guess

Is there any medicine for Rom flashing addiction....dancedroid

Deuel

Reaction score
Is there any medicine for Rom flashing addiction....dancedroid

I'm not one to attribute all addictions or maladies as a disease. But this is rather a healthy obsession. My wife definitely does not agree with my self-serving logic on this one, referring to my Droid as my mistress.

My advice would be to flash two ROM’s tonight and PM a dev in the morning. :icon_eek:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Droid ran hot for 2-3 days after flashing .8.4 with both the stock kernel and the 1.1ghz kernel.

After that though, my phone has been sitting under 30 degrees celsius constantly, and only hits mid 30's, maybe 40 with heavy usage.

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
My Droid ran hot for 2-3 days after flashing .8.4 with both the stock kernel and the 1.1ghz kernel.

After that though, my phone has been sitting under 30 degrees celsius constantly, and only hits mid 30's, maybe 40 with heavy usage.

That's weird, I wonder why that is?? Syncing??

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Couldn't even begin to tell you why.

All I know is I was contemplating switching because of the high temps, as it was much higher than I was used to.... but it seemed to have fixed itself.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Couldn't even begin to tell you why.

All I know is I was contemplating switching because of the high temps, as it was much higher than I was used to.... but it seemed to have fixed itself.

This same thing happened to me to. It's like it has to settle in before it runs its coolest.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I just wiped 3 times (boot, data, system and cache). Installed 084 and Gapps (only).

After sync I had 53c temp... just WOW... I have never felt my droid this hot before lol...

I am really hoping that this problem 'fixes' itself like the rest of you cause I like this better than CM for the most part.... except the heat.

I gotta say, this is the weekend and I am prolly gunna flash a different rom since this is all default now. But I'll let it roll overnight and see the temps and report back....