Running 2.3.20. How to get to 2.3.340 OTA

OP
R

r0cketman8906

Reaction score
Ok so i got to SBF my phone and at the very end RSD Lite says to "Power up the phone manually" so i keep the phone still pulled in and it just keeps going through the bootup screen over and over and over. Before i SBF'd i did do a wipe cache/wipe data. Anything im doing wrong or could do to help the cause?

sephtin

Reaction score
Ok so i got to SBF my phone and at the very end RSD Lite says to "Power up the phone manually" so i keep the phone still pulled in and it just keeps going through the bootup screen over and over and over. Before i SBF'd i did do a wipe cache/wipe data. Anything im doing wrong or could do to help the cause?

Probably data/cache.

--Pull your battery.
--Hold home button while you put the battery back in. Hold home button until you see the M logo.
--That should boot to the android recovery (little droid with a ! in a triangle). When you see it, press the search key on your phone.
--From the menu, wipe cache, then data, then reboot.

With luck, you'll boot right in. HTH!

OP
R

r0cketman8906

Reaction score
So i pulled the battery out, held down the home key, still holding down the home key, put the battery back in and still held it for 30 seconds and it didnt do anything. i cant possibly mess this up haha

OP
R

r0cketman8906

Reaction score
Ok i got into recovery. Did the wipe cache/date did the reboot and still doing the same dang thing.

OP
R

r0cketman8906

Reaction score
Got that to work now its saying i dont have an SD card in my phone?? I wont recognize my card now after reboot.

OP
R

r0cketman8906

Reaction score
wow ok now i get the whole sd card thing sorted out now when i plug it in it just keeps saying droid, droid, droid over and over again and wont show up on "My Computer"

sephtin

Reaction score
wow ok now i get the whole sd card thing sorted out now when i plug it in it just keeps saying droid, droid, droid over and over again and wont show up on "My Computer"

hmm, that's a new one... Some things to try:
--Reboot the phone.
--Reboot the computer
--reseat your SDCard (power off the phone, pull the battery, pull the card, reseat it, put everything back), power back on.
--verify you're not using WinAmp (It has been known to TRY to mount the sdcard even when the phone isn't in a mode that should mount the SDCard... such as "Charge Only"... :p
Thought of something else, but drawing a blank now..
Post again if that still doesn't help.. one of those should do SOMETHING. . :S

pbj420

Reaction score
I cannot get RSD Lite to recognize my phone for the life of me. Tried both of the Config options in rsd and those done work. I have no clue what to do now.

Make sure all drivers have installed correctly with your phone. Make sure USB debugging mode is enabled in settings/applications/development, make sure you are in PC mode for your usb connection. Lastly make sure your using the latest RSD version which is 4.8. When RSD has been installed and it's the latest version, right click on the program, click properties, go to the compatibility tab and check "run as administrator". If you have done all of these things, your either running win. 7 64bit which I have had problems with, or you need a different set of drivers.

Just would like to mention that the latest version of rsd lite is not 4.8. it is version 4.9.