Running 2.3.20. How to get to 2.3.340 OTA

r0cketman8906

Reaction score
I am just completely lost on whats going on right now. I rooted and running Rubix Focused 1.8.9 with system version "2.3.30.MB810.Verizon.en.US." What do i have to do to get to OTA so i can do different roms and even just get the update?? Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it!

sensatti

Reaction score
Theres a system only sbf file floating around out there you can use with rsd lite to put you on 2.3.340. It has the same bootloader as the 2.3.20 leak. The full system sbf should be uploaded to retail store pst's soon so we'll have access to that shortly.

OP
R

r0cketman8906

Reaction score
Is there any way to just do a factory reset or is RSD Lite and SBF the only way?

liferefugee

Reaction score
Either way you need to use rsdlite, either to apply the upgrade or to revert to 2.3.15 to get the ota. Disclaimer - not sure about any bootloader issues going from 2.3.20 to 2.3.15

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
R

r0cketman8906

Reaction score
What would be the difference of downloading the update and applying it to the SD card or using rsd lite to apple the 2.3.340 update?

sephtin

Reaction score
What would be the difference of downloading the update and applying it to the SD card or using rsd lite to apple the 2.3.340 update?

Seeing a lot of confusion in this thread... a few things:

The 2.3.340 .sbf that's floating around, is a system only .sbf. There isn't a full .sbf available publicly that I'm aware of... (If there is, please send me a link! ;)

Since you stated you were on 1.8.9 of Focused, that means you are still on the 2.3.15 bootloaer (30.03, or the 30.04 that came on some replaced phones), BOTH can be .sbf'd back to 2.3.15.

Once you get the phone back to 2.3.15, you can load the OTA in two ways... by pulling it over the air, or by downloading the update.zip. (Note: update.zip is the same file that gets downloaded and installed by the OTA).

The 2.3.20 text in Focused 1.8.x is just that, a line in a file (build.prop). Drod (Focused dev) put the line in, because some of the components of the ROM were based on the 2.3.20 build. So there aren't any issues going from 2.3.20 to 2.3.15.. You're on 2.3.15.

So, to get to the OTA (2.3.340), or the leak (2.3.320)... **should** be as simple as .sbf'ing back to stock 2.3.15, and then either loading the OTA (either way), or following the leak instructions if you prefer the leak to the OTA.

HTH!

OP
R

r0cketman8906

Reaction score
I cannot get RSD Lite to recognize my phone for the life of me. Tried both of the Config options in rsd and those done work. I have no clue what to do now.

dadsterflip

Reaction score

The 2.3.340 .sbf that's floating around, is a system only .sbf. There isn't a full .sbf available publicly that I'm aware of... (If there is, please send me a link! ;)

Since you stated you were on 1.8.9 of Focused, that means you are still on the 2.3.15 bootloaer (30.03, or the 30.04 that came on some replaced phones), BOTH can be .sbf'd back to 2.3.15.

Once you get the phone back to 2.3.15, you can load the OTA in two ways... by pulling it over the air, or by downloading the update.zip. (Note: update.zip is the same file that gets downloaded and installed by the OTA).

The 2.3.20 text in Focused 1.8.x is just that, a line in a file (build.prop). Drod (Focused dev) put the line in, because some of the components of the ROM were based on the 2.3.20 build. So there aren't any issues going from 2.3.20 to 2.3.15.. You're on 2.3.15.

So, to get to the OTA (2.3.340), or the leak (2.3.320)... **should** be as simple as .sbf'ing back to stock 2.3.15, and then either loading the OTA (either way), or following the leak instructions if you prefer the leak to the OTA.

HTH!

So your saying if im on 30.04 bootloader I can sbf back to 2.3.15 then download the ota? Cause im on that bootloader and if I can go official and its simple as that. Have you tried it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bcals0087

Reaction score
I cannot get RSD Lite to recognize my phone for the life of me. Tried both of the Config options in rsd and those done work. I have no clue what to do now.

Make sure all drivers have installed correctly with your phone. Make sure USB debugging mode is enabled in settings/applications/development, make sure you are in PC mode for your usb connection. Lastly make sure your using the latest RSD version which is 4.8. When RSD has been installed and it's the latest version, right click on the program, click properties, go to the compatibility tab and check "run as administrator". If you have done all of these things, your either running win. 7 64bit which I have had problems with, or you need a different set of drivers.

sensatti

Reaction score

HTH!

So your saying if im on 30.04 bootloader I can sbf back to 2.3.15 then download the ota? Cause im on that bootloader and if I can go official and its simple as that. Have you tried it.

I was under the impression the 30.04 bootloader was from installing the .320 leak and after that was installed there was no way to go back to .15. Honestly though just wait for the full .340 sbf if your on the. 320 leak, you should be able to get the new kernal that way.

sephtin

Reaction score

HTH!

I was under the impression the 30.04 bootloader was from installing the .320 leak and after that was installed there was no way to go back to .15. Honestly though just wait for the full .340 sbf if your on the. 320 leak, you should be able to get the new kernal that way.

The 30.04 bootloader doesn't assure you anything! Some replacement phones shipped with a 30.04 version bootloader that COULD be .sbf'd back to 2.3.15.
The 2.3.320/2.3.340 updates will also give you the 30.04 bootloader, and those most certainly can NOT be .sbf'd to 2.3.15.

It comes down to:
--If you've loaded the leak (2.3.320) from TBH (or installed a ROM that puts it there for you like JRummy's RummRX), OR if you've installed 2.3.340 via OTA or the update.zip... THEN you can safely .sbf back to 2.3.320 using the leaked .320 .sbf
--If you've never loaded the above, then you SHOULD be able to .sfb back to your previous version, 2.3.15.

It is correct that once you are on 2.3.3xx, you CAN NOT get back to 2.3.15 (currently, at least).

Hope that helps clarify a little.

OP
R

r0cketman8906

Reaction score
I have all that enabled, I run RSD Lite as Administrator, installed the 32 bit drivers, installed the moto drivers, and wiped data/cache. Still wont recognize my phone and i even tried on another laptop. If something doesn't work it normally happens to me :(

sephtin

Reaction score
I have all that enabled, I run RSD Lite as Administrator, installed the 32 bit drivers, installed the moto drivers, and wiped data/cache. Still wont recognize my phone and i even tried on another laptop. If something doesn't work it normally happens to me :(

Might be stating the obvious here.. but covering the basics just to make sure!
When you're trying to .sbf, you're putting the phone into bootloader (by holding VOL Down, and Camera button while booting), right?

OP
R

r0cketman8906

Reaction score
That is correct. The black screen with saying i have bootloader 30.03

dadsterflip

Reaction score
Don't you have to install the bootloader driver? Like on your comp I would check on devices see if its even on the right driver. I had to do that on mine. I think control panel. System then devices. I would check there. It should say android something. Sorry not at home or o would tell you step by step.