1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Running 2.1? Answer this for me...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SwordOfWar, Jan 3, 2010.

1. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

Those of you who installed the ported Android 2.1 OS, can you view animated GIF images? (you know, those animated pictures you get in picture messages from random people or whatever...)

Handcent has some GIF support built-in, so you need to test this from the default message application (also, check to see if they work from the browser....just go to google's search and go to the image area and search for animated pictures..make sure to go to the actual page that has the image, as google preview pictures don't animate)...

Been wondering because I read somewhere that this was finally added, but I don't want to flash to 2.1 with the current issues its having.

So, animated gif support or no?
  2. hesiquio

hesiquio New Member

still no suport for gif animation maybe the oficial build come with this but in the greek rom is no suported