runnin 2.2 froyo how do i move apps to sd card)

hapster

Reaction score
The apps 2 SD is probably handy, but it didn't find anything I hadn't already moved.

Sent from my Droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The apps 2 SD is probably handy, but it didn't find anything I hadn't already moved.

Sent from my Droid

That's why I say the commands to terminal emulator are probably the best.

dogthehunter

Reaction score
So basically unless you are rooted your only option for moving apps to the card is apps2sd? Dog

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just updated my phone to froyo 2.2.. and If some one can please enlighten me o n how to move some of my apps to my sd card to preserve phone memory.. plz help..

You have so many apps loaded that you're running out of space on the phone? I figured out a long time ago that if there is an app that I'm going to use infrequently, I'll just leave it uninstalled and only install it when I need it. It only takes a few seconds after all. When they are so easily accessed from the market, it just doesn't make sense to have infrequently used apps stored on the phone. YMMV

While that's a great idea, there are some apps that are no longer in the Market. Shapewriter is one example. You could run the risk of needing an app and it's no longer available. A small risk, perhaps.

Last edited:

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
When you move apps from the phone to SD - I've used Apps2SD can you run them afterward? I've had mixed results. For instance, I wasn't able to open Foursquare but I was able to open another app. When I clicked on them in the App drawer, it just said that the application wasn't installed on the phone.

Then my appbrain tried to sync up and re-downloaded all the apps I had on my list, so I eneded up having two icons for the same programs in my app drawer. I wiped and flashed a new ROM and just restored a backup I created first.

Any thoughts?

This is a newb question - but does APps2SD allow app functionality after it's moved, or does it simply just uproot the app and re-plant it on the SD card?