[Rumors] Samsung Developing 6.3-Inch GNote3; May Debut SGS4 at MWC 2013

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II.jpg

Apparently, the evolution of smartphones is now running backwards, at least in the size category. Originally, we had massive hand-held devices that eventually shrank down to tiny little phones that could slip easily in a shirt pocket. Now the hot craze seems to be shifting toward 5-Inch "phablet" style smartphones, and if today's rumors are accurate, that 5-inches is going to look pretty small. According to the latest intel, Samsung is prepping the next Galaxy Note device. Supposedly, the Galaxy Note 3 will be a 6.3-inch behemoth! This beast of a device will come with a full 1080p OLED and probably come with the usual host of high-end internals.

While your head is still spinning from that odd news, we will share a couple more juicy tidbits from the rumor-mill. It's also possible we will see hints of the Samsung Galaxy S IV at Mobile World Congress in February of next year. Of course, we've heard this kind of stuff before with the rumored launch at CES in January. This was quickly debunked, and we suspect the same will be true for this rumor. It's worth repeating that the Galaxy series has grown big enough in reputation for Samsung to desire specific launch events for these devices from now on.

Here's the last rumor of the bunch. Supposedly, Samsung may be prepping a 7-Inch Galaxy Note tablet. Of course, this almost makes you wonder if the first rumor and this third rumor are one in the same. Perhaps the 6.3-inch device is a tablet and not a phone, or perhaps it's a tablet with phone capabilities. For now, we are left to wonder, but of course we will keep you abreast of any new info that comes along.

Source: Phandroid

huskur

Reaction score
NICE!! I have always said I think my Nexus 7 would be a "perfect" size for a phone/phablet!!:biggrin:

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Toooooooooooo BIG! When will it staaaahp!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll take a Preorder now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

npro1464

Reaction score
Glad I got the GS3, if the Note III is going to be almost 7 inches the Galaxy SIV will be over 5. This is starting to get a little absurd. Though I love my S3 and wouldn't want to change a thing about it, 4 inch premium phones please. I've been saying this for years. The only one who produces them is Apple.

Mfinchv1

Reaction score
wonder when motorola is gonna get it on this as well....next group of droids..)

soulpatch

Reaction score
7 inches is tablet level. I could not imagine going larger then the note 2 for a phone but I would love a workmans galaxy tablet with better internals in a 7 inch size. A mix of the current galaxy tab and the nexus 7.

4 inches is too small for a premium phone these days with all we do on them. I would not go below a 4.5 inch screen again...well until the screen is implanted onto my eye or on a contact as then it would only appear to be larger but would actually be tiny. I cant wait for the future. HA HA

Tonik

Reaction score
Toooooooooooo BIG! When will it staaaahp!

When we stop buying them. It is all market driven. Me I am thrilled with the Note 2, but I think the Note 3 might be a big big also.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I had a Nexus 7 before I dropped and broke it. Loved it. It fit in my back pocket perfectly. It however is TOO big to be a phone. Get rid of its large bezel and just look at the screen size is still too big. If the SGS4 is 5 inches, they'll lose me as a customer. I love my SGS3's screen size.

Rhino413

Reaction score
well my 70 inch Sharp Aquos 1080p LED tv would make the perfect phone

no more squinting to see the dial pad, Could dial it pillow on a stick, video chat/calls would be like a home theater experience I could then see every nasty nuance of someones face.
no need for blue tooth as its speaker mode would be so loud you could talk from 100 feet away. not to mention the cool drugs for vertigo i would be taking
and lastly I would have one massivly built arm from lugging that monster of goodness around I would surely have a second career in a freak show to help pay for the power bill to recharge its ungodly behemoth battery
SO YES GO BIGGER!!!