Rumors Persist of a Premium LG G3 with Snapdragon 805 and More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g3-official-1.jpg

Although we have reported solid evidence that LG might take the wiser approach of not alienating its customers and competing with itself by offering a Premium version of the G3, the rumors they will do exactly that are still persisting. The latest intel suggests that LG will launch an enhanced version of the G3 in July, at around the same time Samsung reveals their Galaxy F premium device.

This LG G3 Prime will supposedly have higher end specs just like the Galaxy F, including a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor and 3GB of RAM. Supposedly, it will also include a 225 Mbps capable LTE-Advanced modem. This leads us to believe that if it really does launch, it will be a limited edition device which only shows up in South Korea.

Of course, there's no telling which way this will go, and just about any outcome would not be much of a surprise.

Source: PhoneArena

KaChow

Reaction score
Looks like I'm buying a Korean version, afterall... :biggrin:

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I've proposed this idea for quite some time now around other blogs. In benchmarking apps earlier on the G3 appeared with different specs lining up in sync with what Samsung and HTC www doing by releasing "Prime" variants on their models. LG has been consistent in following the leader per say, and this makes perfect sense.

I really hope if this is true (and I hope it is as I'm not upgrading my G2 unless I can grab a G3 with a 805) that they don't attach the "Prime" moniker to it. The G2 (and G3) were actually successors to the "Optimus" devices and LG decided to shorten the name for some reason. If a "LG G3 Prime" is released then would could also be called the Optimus Prime...

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
S Korea may get it first, but I doubt LG would target a single market with a high end phone.