Rumored new Motorola Droid device

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like it might be the Calgary? The more 'razr' like Droid?

Droid to match Nexus with hardware? If it's a snapdragon does this mean Droid will abandon the dual-processor set up?

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Wow, 4.3 inch screen?? I think that's a little too large for the pocket. The 3.7" on my Droid is pushing the envelope, for me anyway.

Other than that, the thing sounds sweet!

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Wow, 4.3 inch screen?? I think that's a little too large for the pocket. The 3.7" on my Droid is pushing the envelope, for me anyway.

I don't know -- I think if you extend the screen the full length of the Droid (covering over the "lip" at the bottom of the Droid) and make the Back/Menu/Home/Search buttons a bit smaller, you could squeeze a 4.3" screen into the same space that the Droid takes up now.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm guessing that was a Moto Droid prototype and the pic was only seen now. So now they are speculating that prototype is going to be a new phone. Happens all the time in the electronic industry...and old prototype leaked is rumored to be a new phone on the way.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm guessing that was a Moto Droid prototype and the pic was only seen now. So now they are speculating that prototype is going to be a new phone. Happens all the time in the electronic industry...and old prototype leaked is rumored to be a new phone on the way.
Yup, happens a lot. But who knows... maybe it is a new device??? lol

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
January 6th we will hear about a new device from Moto for AT&T with a second device coming to VZW. The device coming to VZW may or may not be unveiled.

It's anybody's guess right now.

Puffy

Reaction score
To me it's fine the way it is. Bigger is not always better.:heart:

thesandman51

Reaction score
I unserstand that technology is always upgrading, and it's foolish to wait around for the nex tbest thing, because there's always something better on the horizon, but damn, the Droid came out a month and a half ago, and there's already these bigger, better phones on the way.

It's kind of frustrating.

Oh well, it doesn't have a physical keyboard, so it's not my cup of tea anyway.

Wasn't there a picture of a Droid looking device that was real thin with no keyboard? Perhaps this is it, just with specs.

Eternal

Reaction score
I think this one is true. When I was at the verizon store, I asked about this because I'm one of those people who gets annoyed when I buy something shiny and new, and then version 2 comes out in a relatively short time and is far better. He told me about this rumor, even specified the 8mp camera and that it would not have a physical keyboard. This last detail made me feel a little bit better about it because for me, the physical keyboard is key.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I think this one is true. When I was at the verizon store, I asked about this because I'm one of those people who gets annoyed when I buy something shiny and new, and then version 2 comes out in a relatively short time and is far better. He told me about this rumor, even specified the 8mp camera and that it would not have a physical keyboard. This last detail made me feel a little bit better about it because for me, the physical keyboard is key.

I always thought a keyboard was essential. My last three Palm devices had keyboards which I used vs graffiti or the soft keyboard. I've found that since going to the MotoDroid I rarely use the hard keyboard. If I need to type a lot, I generally have the option of using my PC. Using the hard keyboard seems to take more time than just using the soft keyboard.

nitsuj

Reaction score
If you're always going to chase the next big thing in the cell phone industry, you'll spend a lot of money and never be happy. My last phone was the EnV, I kept it a few years before upgrading because it worked for me. The Droid has a lot of functions and capabilities, I intend to use it and like it for at least 2 years before I get excited about what's next.

Million

Reaction score
I feel the same as you guys. Love my Droid and what it can do and plan on holding onto it for a while... 2 years at least. This is my 6th different phone in a two year period because I could never find one that I liked but this is actually a good phone with a LOT to offer... My friend has had his Q for 2 years then got the Storm2 recently... I'm trying to be like that.

Plus these new phones don't have a keyboard, which is the dealbreaker for me.