Rumored HTC Thunderbolt Spec Sheet Brings Dual Core Madness

H412D

Reaction score
5MP cameras are so cheap I don't see why they wouldn't add it in. Lower MP cameras are becoming harder to find when technology is advancing at such an exponential rate.

5 MP FFC it is.

leonozug

Reaction score
I'm betting these specs could possibly be the details of the Thunderbolts dual-core successor that will hopefully be out by 3rd quarter 2011....not the Thunderbolt itself. That would be too good to be true if so.

Cool Cake

Reaction score
This pretty much hit all the dream specs for my next phone (except the 5mp ffc). It may be pie in the sky, but the tech is out there and it's just a matter of time.
I'll wait. No Prob.
What would I pay? $199 w/2yr contract. The usual.
Next question? Who is going to root it first? dancedroid

electric6

Reaction score
dual core still possible??

so absurd almost not worth commenting on...

Anyways, all I need is a DualCore and I will stand in line for this because I am in I love the speaker behind the stand I bet it beats my DX tiny slit speaker out of the water and maybe even beat out my OG droid.

It most likely won't have a dual core.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tank, in case you havnt been keepin' up, here is an article from June stating that they have been shipping the CDMA dual core MSM8660's since then, with full implimentation and release by early 2011. Not saying thats whats gonna be inside this beast, but, it is quite possible. I mean, it says right there, these babies are ready for prime time, and like, now!!

Just saying... I can still hope!

electric6

Reaction score

Anyways, all I need is a DualCore and I will stand in line for this because I am in I love the speaker behind the stand I bet it beats my DX tiny slit speaker out of the water and maybe even beat out my OG droid.

Tank, in case you havnt been keepin' up, here is an article from June stating that they have been shipping the CDMA dual core MSM8660's since then, with full implimentation and release by early 2011. Not saying thats whats gonna be inside this beast, but, it is quite possible. I mean, it says right there, these babies are ready for prime time, and like, now!!

Qualcomm News and Events - Press Releases - Qualcomm Ships First Dual-CPU Snapdragon Chipset

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

The thing is, things get delayed. The Fascinate was supposed to get Froyo by years end. We were supposed to get a 4G phone in December. We've yet to see any hard evidence of these processors being ready for release and have been put into a phone. It's just how it is.

electric6

Reaction score

The thing is, things get delayed. The Fascinate was supposed to get Froyo by years end. We were supposed to get a 4G phone in December. We've yet to see any hard evidence of these processors being ready for release and have been put into a phone. It's just how it is.

A very good point. It doesnt hurt to speculate. And why would their first advertisement say "this isn't your dream phone. Its the one after that."
if it didn't have some decent hardware on board. Of course, i'll prob be wrong. We'll see though!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The first dual core device will probably be a tablet. I can see wanting to put a dual core processor in a tablet. As far as a phone it could be late spring before we see our first dual core phone. But time will prove us right or wrong.

Zargon

Reaction score
The first dual core device will probably be a tablet. I can see wanting to put a dual core processor in a tablet. As far as a phone it could be late spring before we see our first dual core phone. But time will prove us right or wrong.

There already is a dual core tablet:

Viewsonic gTablet

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

oh please I hope not.

I'll actually be angry if they wait this long.

electric6

Reaction score
Well, its not out of the question. Just very unlikely. As much as I would want thursday to unveil a dual core pimped out thunderbolt, I know its prob not gonna happen...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the ces will give us an idea what phones vzw plan on putting out from now until mid spring.