Rumor: X2 Has a disabled FFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuBDivisions

Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but Rumor spreading that the X2 has a Front Facing Camera, but it is disabled.. This coming from a post from another forum.. Something about looking at the upper gith (my guess is next to the ear speaker).. I dunno.. Thoughts?

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's a proximity sensor...

No question about it.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
S

SuBDivisions

Reaction score
I completely agree.. I just like throwing gas on the proverbial fire. lol

diverbelow

Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but Rumor spreading that the X2 has a Front Facing Camera, but it is disabled.. This coming from a post from another forum.. Something about looking at the upper gith (my guess is next to the ear speaker).. I dunno.. Thoughts?

I also read it on BGR's X2 review. They said, "... though you can see a front-facing camera above the display on the right side, it’s not activated for video calls or self-portrait images just yet."

If they are blowing smoke or they know something.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
I was looking at my x2 today and noticed two different "circles" to the right of the speaker. I figured one was for proximity sensor but didn't know what the other one was for.

ATR

Reaction score
Light sensor and proximity sensor.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

p1ngputts

Reaction score

serious question.... why can't these sensors be one sensor? I can't imagine Moto not advertising a FFC and all of a sudden one pops up, but why can't a light and proximity sensor come from the same "circle"

boinkman

Reaction score

serious question.... why can't these sensors be one sensor? I can't imagine Moto not advertising a FFC and all of a sudden one pops up, but why can't a light and proximity sensor come from the same "circle"

If you look carefully(with a flashlight), you'll notice not one circle but two inverse D-shaped "iris'". Behind that housing are up to four sensors that operate independently of each other. The proximity sensor basically is a LED emitter with a detector while the other sensor component is an ambient-light sensor with a different spectral response.

RONL98

Reaction score
well.. i did walk in to a verizon store today.. they did confirm that it does come with ffc.. illl have more confirmed updates morrow..

SDracis

Reaction score
If you look closely there are three circles by the speaker.. two of course are the sensors but the third one could possibly be a FFC.. to go into further detail there is one circle to the far left of the speaker and two on the right.. not saying this information confirms a FFC but it could be a possibility.. guess the real question should be, if there is one then why is it disabled?

myriad46

Reaction score
This is ridiculous! The "camera" on the left is the notification LED....that's why it blinks colors.

Wait, wait, wait....I see it. If you look real closely, in the far left "O" in Motorola, you can see a camera.

{to everyone who knows this is ridiculous, look around you. If someone is holding their Droid X2 up to their eye and squinting, walk over and smack it into their face for being and idiot}

SDracis

Reaction score
This is ridiculous! The "camera" on the left is the notification LED....that's why it blinks colors.

Wait, wait, wait....I see it. If you look real closely, in the far left "O" in Motorola, you can see a camera.

{to everyone who knows this is ridiculous, look around you. If someone is holding their Droid X2 up to their eye and squinting, walk over and smack it into their face for being and idiot}

Your absolutely correct, forgot about the LED.. little mind slip on my part.. but it happens from time to time..

Status
Not open for further replies.