[Rumor] VZW LG Optimus LTE2 Caught in the Wild; Specs and Launch Date Leaked: July 13

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
My two concerns: how will the Dev community take to it, and will LG be timely with updates? Those are the main two issues that have been killing them thus far. I do like that it has a more traditional shape which bodes well for an aftermarket keyboard. Didn't see any specs on battery life.

PhreighnQ

Reaction score
It's not that I don't like having separate buttons. I actually kind of like it that way. It just looks weird is all. The buttons are fairly stock ICS look, and they're fairly close together. Then you have the menu key which is spaced fairly far apart from the other ones. Making it look like it was "tacked on".

IMO, if you're going to have non on screen buttons ditch the multitask key and replace it with a search button. Or, in LG case ditch the menu button, and add a search button. I think a lot of android users want that search button back.

I've had a Droid 1, a Droid 3 and just got a Droid 4 yesterday. I can probably just about count the number of times I have used the search button to search on one hand. I have never seen a good use for it as a "search" button. The most use that it got was on my Droid 3 because it went swimming and the power button stopped working and I was able to find an app that would let me long press the search button to turn the screen off.