[Rumor] VZW Briefly Posts Support Docs for Jelly Bean on Galaxy S III; Coming Soon?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-gs3-jb1.jpeg

Support docs for Jelly Bean on the Samsung Galaxy S III briefly showed up in a .pdf over at Verizon, but were then taken down. This potentially means we will see the update very soon for the SGS3. There was no corroboration for this other than some screen-shots that Droid-Life managed to snap before they replaced the .pdf with an older one.

We will keep a close watch on this to let you guys know if anything changes, but the signs point to a happy Jelly Bean Christmas for Verizon SGS3 owners.

Source: Droid-Life

Viktorr

Reaction score
I guess Verizon wants to beat the Mayans to the punch.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I thought the SGS3 shipped with Jelly Bean?

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
VZW Briefly Posts Support Docs for Jelly Bean on Galaxy S III; Coming Soon?

I thought the SGS3 shipped with Jelly Bean?

Nope.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
my coworker bought one about 2 weeks ago (Sprint)and it came with 4.1.2 jelly bean

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
my coworker bought one about 2 weeks ago (Sprint)and it came with 4.1.2 jelly bean

My boss bought an SIII on Sprint almost a month ago, and I'm almost positive his came with the same version because he was asking me about Google Now.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
VZW Briefly Posts Support Docs for Jelly Bean on Galaxy S III; Coming Soon?

Verizon is almost always the last to roll out updates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Briankbl

Reaction score
My boss bought an SIII on Sprint almost a month ago, and I'm almost positive his came with the same version because he was asking me about Google Now.

Maybe that's it. Sprint version of SGS3 may ship with it. I don't know, just guessing.

npro1464

Reaction score
Been running JB since I got the phone- CleanROM 5.0. Stable, great battery life, Touchwiz JB complete with Google Now awesomeness. The problem is that we have to wait for Verizon to have a leak, and that means the actually has to BE a leak. I'm not anticipating having much support for our phones from here on out. After JB, the party may be over. The support on my Thunderbolt was absolute balls- it took months and months for it to get Gingerbread (thats right, it was running Froyo!!!) then that was the last OS update we received. The ICS update was promised, but never came and devs had to build a cracked verison of ICS they best they could from a buggy leak by VZ. Maybe the fact that the S3 is released on multiple carriers in identical form will give us a better chance at getting updates? Who knows.

I'm guessing this will be my last VZ phone anyway- I'm incredibly tired of dealing with the lack of support and once they finally take my unlimited data away (which I'm predicting is coming for us all) I will buy a Play Store Nexus and that will be it. If you want the latest OS, you'll have to do it the hard(er) way- go to XDA, follow Adam Outler's root guide, root-unlock-*backup*-flash CleanROM or a rom of your choosing and be done with it.

steeletown

Reaction score

The S3 was not released with 4.1.1, but since then sprint T-Mobile and at&t has released the update. Verizon is the only carrier as of yet not to release the update. When your boss bought his it probably automatically updated when he activated. But no carrier in the U.S. has released 4.1.2 for the S3 yet.