[Rumor] VZW and/or Sprint X Phone Possibly Discovered with Snapdragon S4 Pro

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 21, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,784
    [​IMG]

Last week we shared a disheartening rumor with you guys regarding what may be the new Motorola X Phone. An AT&T device with the model name XFON and the model number XT1058 (which had been previously identified as the possible model number of the X Phone), passed through the FCC with some pretty lackluster specs and a GSM radio. A new report suggests a CDMA version of the device exists with the model number XT1060, and will also come with just a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset. This basically means a Verizon and/or Sprint version of this device will also come with the same mediocre specs as the AT&T version.

This info was gleaned from an .ini file obtained from some leaked USB drivers. Here's a quote with the info,

We are crossing our fingers that all of these rumors are wrong and simply refer to some other device, but the signs are definitely looking grim.

Source: AndroidAuthority

2. jspradling7

jspradling7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +213
    The Google folks said, when they bought Moto, that there were 18 months of stuff in the product pipeline that had to empty. Or at least that was my take on what I read, I might be mistaken. I wouldn't expect any "new path" type innovations or changes until after that.

Search tags for this page

ironrock

mb632

xt626

xt901 radio chip gsm