[Rumor] Verizon Won't Have a Droid RAZR HD MAXX; Only a Droid RAZR HD with 8MP Cam

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"See that Motorola, that is Samsung lapping you again".

Oh well on to football.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jayman350

Reaction score
completely inexcusable to release a top-tier phone with the previous version of the OS. Moto doesn't exactly have a good track record for getting updates to devices in a timely manner. Now that Google is in charge at Moto, why the hell wouldn't they have JB ready to roll on this device?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
completely inexcusable to release a top-tier phone with the previous version of the OS. Moto doesn't exactly have a good track record for getting updates to devices in a timely manner. Now that Google is in charge at Moto, why the hell wouldn't they have JB ready to roll on this device?

Top tier phone. Considering the specs for the RAZR maxx . Well I guess technically the specs are still top tiered even though it's not a real jump for the RAZR maxx. Only positive I see is the price of the RAZR maxx will drop so users can get an awesome phone for a steal.

To Motorola
"Stop playing.... what you really have for us this year. I know you holding back. You are holding back right this can't be all you put out this year. I mean if after a year all you have to show for it is that and a couple of painted razrs then y'all might need to do something with your r&d team cuz they are just showing up to work clocking in and playing video games on the clock. Then when the boss ask show me what you got they scrambling putting something together and talking fast to make it look like they was hard at work."

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Maybe they could be holding this razr hd back for their nexus? I might be a little too optimistic but why not make the nexus your #1 device?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Maybe they could be holding this razr hd back for their nexus? I might be a little too optimistic but why not make the nexus your #1 device?

That would be only thing I could see worth holding back and putting your full might behind. The nexus is suppose to be an innovative device so they could be holding off for that.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
cereal killer said:
N7 is awesome. It will curb your smartphone needs. It did mine :)

I hope so. Haven't got one yet. But soon oh so very soon.

mgrande

Reaction score
That would be only thing I could see worth holding back and putting your full might behind. The nexus is suppose to be an innovative device so they could be holding off for that.

But how is what we now anyway innovative? ICS?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score

The Nexus devices generally don't have top of the line hardware. Notice how many devices have better hardware than the Galaxy Nexus. Still obviously a very good device, but Google doesn't like to put brand new top of the line specs in a Nexus. The N7 is another example. Several tablets have better specs. Maybe I'm being a pessimist and simply don't believe a Moto Nexus.

However, I simply think this is all Moto has. Look at the D4, Bionic, RAZR, and RAZR MAXX. They are so close to the same device that it is ridiculous. I know we're at a point where technology advances are plateuing but this is simply par for the course for Moto imo.

Tonik

Reaction score
jayman350 said:

Exactly. The S3 will have JB before this phone is even released with ICS.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Why wouldn't motorola want to focus on the nexus? Now that they're going to be competing with other nexus's wouldn't they want to aim for #1?
I would imagine that it wouldn't be that hard to find some things to change on the razr to make it to its upcoming hd version. But for motorola to try an reclaim some of the ground they've lost this would be a good time for them to kick things up a notch.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

geoff5093

Reaction score
Why not "compromise" and give it the same battery as the MAXX?