[Rumor] Verizon Roadmap Leaked - Incredible2, Droid X2, Charge, Bionic & Others Soon!

acidbrn

Reaction score
I hope that date of the 14th for the Xperia Play holds true.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
we shall see if this is remotly true in two days. a waterproof phone would be pretty sweet.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
we shall see if this is remotly true in two days. a waterproof phone would be pretty sweet.

See if whats remotely true? Weather the Bionic and the X2 have dual cores? Whats happening in 2 days?
4/7/11. look at the chart. 0.o The Samsung Charge and Casio Commando are coming out according to the leak... and lol sorry i wasnt referring to anyones conversation, although to answer the question anyway the Bionic is definetly a dual core, its a tegra 2 which was confirmed offically at CES. X2 specs are way less known, not really confirmed officially (at least to my knowledge). And I dont see the X2 being 4g, all the sources i read aside from this seem to think its a 3g device (which is why im a bit on the unbelieving side of this leak).

Droid101

Reaction score
I've just found an article from today saying the Bionic is delayed and looking at a May release. Not sure if it's against the rules to post url's to articles so forgive me if it's against the rules. Note that the article does say it does not know how reliable the info may be...

Motorola Droid Bionic for May release; Motorola quad-core tablet in October - Charlotte Smartphones | Examiner.com

Yeah I was reading this somewhere else in the forums. I guess that this info came from an investment prediction on whether or not motorola stock was a buy, sell or hold. Apparently they are guessing that the japan issue is causing for a shortage of supply which is causing for the delay.

Again this is a guess by someone looking to recommend what investors should do so his info is nothing but pure speculation. So take it for what it is

Droid101

Reaction score

See if whats remotely true? Weather the Bionic and the X2 have dual cores? Whats happening in 2 days?
4/7/11. look at the chart. 0.o The Samsung Charge and Casio Commando are coming out according to the leak... and lol sorry i wasnt referring to anyones conversation, although to answer the question anyway the Bionic is definetly a dual core, its a tegra 2 which was confirmed offically at CES. X2 specs are way less known, not really confirmed officially (at least to my knowledge). And I dont see the X2 being 4g, all the sources i read aside from this seem to think its a 3g device (which is why im a bit on the unbelieving side of this leak).

I have a feeling we just confirmed the roadmap is fake. Both of the phones slated for a release tomorrow have no signs at all of being released.

Vito.a

Reaction score
I just looked at the Verizon web site and could not find the Casio Commando or the Samsung Charge. According to the leaked roadmap, they should have come out today.

mtairyordge

Reaction score
What about the Atrix. I had heard that a Verizon version would be available 4th Qtr 2011. Anyone got the scoop.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
What about the Atrix. I had heard that a Verizon version would be available 4th Qtr 2011. Anyone got the scoop.

No but I have some advice, forget about it. The Atrix will be a fossil by the time it releases on Verizon. Wait until the other Q4 devices are announced because they'll blow the Atrix away.

loki993

Reaction score

Honestly who cares. I really liked that phone, but by that time there will probally be a quad core phone out that will basically make the Atrix obsolete.

Verizon dropped the ball on that one.

jnmigr

Reaction score
By the time apps are released that take advantage of both cores, quad core phones will be out. So Im not concerned in the least about dual core vs single. What I do like about the bionic is the screen and the DDR2 ram. It also should have a bigger battery then the TB.

Does the attic also have ddr2 ram? If so why people so excited for the bionic? Is a 500mb ram with motoblur which leave me with less then 250mb for me.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Does the attic also have ddr2 ram? If so why people so excited for the bionic? Is a 500mb ram with motoblur which leave me with less then 250mb for me.

I keep pounding that point home, but it inevitably draws the response "well, it's faster".

When you consider a locked bootloader and motoblur, then overlaying an alternate home launcher, you're becoming ram constrained RIGHT NOW. I wonder how well HDMI out will work (that's gotta take some horsepower) if you were trying to output Netflix to a larger LCD monitor.

I'm sick of the redraws. I want to upgrade primarily because my D1 doesn't have the power to do what I want. No way I have any interest in a phone that will run into the same issues a few months after I get it with all the exciting apps inevitably in the pipeline to take advantage of dual core and LTE.

Just a matter of months before the uses will render the Bionic inadequate. This is true of all the phone out recently as they've all cut corners somewhere. For just $50-$100 more you could have something with some staying power, but we have no such option.

Fortunately I'll be "renting" the Bionic for about 6 months until my last NE2 is on deck. Doesn't mean I'm happy or excited to take @$300 on the chin unnecessarily.