[Rumor] Verizon Roadmap Leaked - Incredible2, Droid X2, Charge, Bionic & Others Soon!

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Droid X2 and Bionic in the same month? Seems weird in my book. I'd think an April Bionic and May X2 release would be more appealing.

Exayex

Reaction score
While it's very hard to believe VZW would drop this many great phones, which will all compete with one another all within a few months of each other, especially after people said the Tbolt was delayed for the iPhone release, one thing driving this may be the phones slated for Q3 and probably Q4 crushing some of these devices in the hardware department.

I'm torn whether to believe this or not. I wish Verizon was more clear on releases...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Drosul

Reaction score
Ughh... really hope this list isn't accurate....

Using a really really really really really annoying hand me down BB storm, since my Droid died in Dec.. This news is like thinking your on your last lap of a distance run, gassed and tired, seeing the finish line and then being told you have another lap to go :mad:

Really don't like the TB, but the prospect of 2 more months of BB-Storm is making it seem better and better.

loki993

Reaction score
Ughh... really hope this list isn't accurate....

Using a really really really really really annoying hand me down BB storm, since my Droid died in Dec.. This news is like thinking your on your last lap of a distance run, gassed and tired, seeing the finish line and then being told you have another lap to go :mad:

Really don't like the TB, but the prospect of 2 more months of BB-Storm is making it seem better and better.

What dont you like about the TB? its a decent phone

sparty569

Reaction score
I dont get my upgrade until July...so I have plenty of time to see what comes out.

I am sure the Bionic will be out by then, and possible rooted as well. But, if the Targa is only a few months off...I will wait for that.

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the Casio Commando. Water Resistant and Android!!

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I can see VZW releasing all these phones in april/may because june will belong to iphone 5 so if your phone doesn't release by may then look for july/aug...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Martin, you are correct about no confirmed specs on the DX2/Inc2. but, every leak coming out indicates that they will both be dual core. what IS surprising about this latest leak is the indication that they might both be 4G - all of the early rumors were that they would both only be 3G, so we'll have to see how it pans out...

the biggest surprise, imo, is the possibility that the GS II might be coming to VZW. many people had given up hope of that phone coming to VZW. that phone, along with the Bionic, and Atrix and Targa later in the year (plus the D3), would be HUGE!!

now for the true suspense: will CK jump at the GS II, or wait for the Targa??? ;)

True that most leaks pointed to them being 3G....
I welcome the change of information however... it's much more appealing to those of us looking for an upgrade!

Quotation

Reaction score
I can see VZW releasing all these phones in april/may because june will belong to iphone 5 so if your phone doesn't release by may then look for july/aug...
I believe the Iphone 5 is being delayed until early fall. At least that is what all of the recent rumors are saying.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Martin, you are correct about no confirmed specs on the DX2/Inc2. but, every leak coming out indicates that they will both be dual core. what IS surprising about this latest leak is the indication that they might both be 4G - all of the early rumors were that they would both only be 3G, so we'll have to see how it pans out...

the biggest surprise, imo, is the possibility that the GS II might be coming to VZW. many people had given up hope of that phone coming to VZW. that phone, along with the Bionic, and Atrix and Targa later in the year (plus the D3), would be HUGE!!

now for the true suspense: will CK jump at the GS II, or wait for the Targa??? ;)

True that most leaks pointed to them being 3G....
I welcome the change of information however... it's much more appealing to those of us looking for an upgrade!

I doubt it's true though. I believe they announced all the first 4g phones at CES. It's possible that they switched these other phones but I won't believe it until I see it or hear it from a credible insider.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
While it's very hard to believe VZW would drop this many great phones, which will all compete with one another all within a few months of each other, especially after people said the Tbolt was delayed for the iPhone release, one thing driving this may be the phones slated for Q3 and probably Q4 crushing some of these devices in the hardware department.

I'm torn whether to believe this or not. I wish Verizon was more clear on releases...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

It may be all about options...They could release 1 huge phone and if failed, for some reason, battery, connectivity issues, etc., then that hurts Vrizon. If they release a bunch of phones, this gives people options. Verizon is not all about selling the phones, but getting people to buy into their service for 2 years. At the minimum, a 2 year contract would be $1680. Tats more than a $500 phone.

Vito.a

Reaction score
I just checked the Verizon web this morning and found the Novatel USB 551 and the Samsung Mifi, but not the Novatel Mifi 4510.

verizon-roadmap-spring2011.jpg

Here is some pretty exciting news for all of us anxiously awaiting some shiny new dual-core goodness. The above pic is supposedly a leaked roadmap of new phone releases from Big Red. If this turns out to be accurate, we will have a whirlwind of amazing choices this summer, including the new Samsung Charge, the HTC Droid Incredible 2, the Motorola Bionic, all within just a couple months time! We will even see the LG Revolution and Samsung Galaxy SII in May.

Let's keep our fingers crossed! dancedroid

Thanks to my tipster, DroidCoug!

Source: Android.net via Phandroid