Rumor: Verizon Launching LTE Network on Nov. 15th; 4G Handsets on Black Friday

srothkin

Reaction score
I was told by someone That the android phones such as droids Can get a easy os/system update to make droid compatible for a 4g network...Just wondering if some one can confirm

Last year I asked a Verizon customer service rep on the phone if the Droid would support LTE when it rolls out or if I would need to buy a new phone. He said the Droid WILL support LTE. My guess from that conversation is it would be covered by a baseband update.

frylock

Reaction score
I was told by someone That the android phones such as droids Can get a easy os/system update to make droid compatible for a 4g network...Just wondering if some one can confirm

Last year I asked a Verizon customer service rep on the phone if the Droid would support LTE when it rolls out or if I would need to buy a new phone. He said the Droid WILL support LTE. My guess from that conversation is it would be covered by a baseband update.

They were wrong. LTE will use a whole different technology and radio. LTE will not be a software update. I would not trust a CSR for info like that.

J

Johnly

Ironic, my contract ends in October, Huh? Verizon trying to tempt me? Well, It be working:)

Reaction score
Guess I'm going to skip the X...naaat.

Even with this LTE network comming out I dont see a reason to "Skip" getting the X. I mean sure LTE is the next best thing, but... It prob wont be available in your area.

If it will be then I guess ok Skip the X.

Personally I prob wont get an LTE device until 2011-2012 or until they have my area covered.

yurdle

Reaction score
Guess I'm going to skip the X...naaat.

Even with this LTE network comming out I dont see a reason to "Skip" getting the X. I mean sure LTE is the next best thing, but... It prob wont be available in your area.

If it will be then I guess ok Skip the X.

Personally I prob wont get an LTE device until 2011-2012 or until they have my area covered.

I was reading somewhere earlier that they would be starting with east and west coast.. question is, how much of each, we probably won't be able to know where until after x is released anyways.

humbleopus

Reaction score
I have a friend that works for Verizon in the Atlanta area. Atlanta is one of the roll-out cities.....dancedroid but I don't know that 10 seconds faster upload download makes that much difference for me.

chuckz28

Reaction score
Where are you guys finding all the rollout cities? I'm curious when Cincinnati will be getting it.