[Rumor] Verizon Eliminates Minimum Data Plan Requirement for Motorola Xoom

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Fireball

Fireball New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes i have been looking in the communicatiosn i did find one that worked and the app loaded and eveerything but it would only text to phones in indea lol i need one for the untied states lol but ya man i been soo looking for one I am charging my xoom right now i have been one it for like 36 hours i am a really techy type of person lol thank you for helping me out let me know asap would be a great a2pp if one could get one working since it doesn have a phone and only google talk i did get yahoo messeneger to work i cant remeber what app i had to get but it wasnt a yahoo app it was somthing else and it does aim and others but i only used yahoo cause yahoo will text other phones and now most of the other instant messengers also now text but thats if you have the prgram ontoo your computer and use it their witch is what i do but for the xoom i need to find somthing that does kind of the same job

2. Michlo

Michlo Member

Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, CA
    Ratings:
    +0
    Skype works, at least on WiFi. I've not tried on 3G only yet.

3. Fireball

Fireball New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh i know that stuff does work but actuelly texting a cell phone i need a program that will actuelly text some one let me turn myne on and get the skype ap my skype name is fireball091

4. Fireball

Fireball New Member

Ratings:
    +0

The Skype worked awsome just like you said it would i just needed some type of phone for the device it didnt have to text but a phone or a way to comunicate with other cell phones and land line phones would be just as good good call on the skype

5. sb1831

sb1831 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Sign up for Google Voice and actually use the browser to access you account and you should be able to do so there.

6. Fireball

Fireball New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I am working on that it mostly works but i have to build a widget for the keyboard to come up but i am getting close lol

7. COBug

COBug New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a little confused here. So, you DID want the data plan (at all?) and just wanted the activation fee waived? I spent 30 minutes with a verizon rep on the online chat, who after some browbeating, relented and admitted that this option is perfectly viable (Not activating data at all). I was fairly disgusted at this point and reported that I won't need anything and moved on, very politely.

I think the best way to manage all of these situations might be to order from Motorola.com or go to Best Buy, because these Verizon folks are working their angles every which way but LOOSE. It's a little disturbing that the fine folks at Verizon are trying to essentially scam anybody trying to purchase this thing.

People are saying that we, in the States, will NEVER get the WiFi version because of contractual obligations to Verizon. Guess it's waiting for the Flyer, the Samsung Tab II, or the LG tablet for me. Anybody else planning on waiting?

8. Fireball

Fireball New Member

Ratings:
    +0

well i kind of do not understand if you want the Wifi version of the XOOM their $799 are you wanting to get the WIFI version for $599 without the Data Plan

Yes it is what i wanted i actuelly already had ordered a My WIFI 2200 Device and was going to do a month to month service but when this XOOM came out on the market I wanted to Buy it.

I wanted a Data Plan and when But i didnt want to Pay for 2 plans when i only needed one of them.

Any way i am trying to answer your question i have seen these XOOM's on e bay sell for arount $650 or soo without the Plan.

9. COBug

COBug New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That makes perfect sense. Thanks for explaining that.

I think the Xoom is a bit pricey but I DO want to be 3G/4G enabled. Obviously torn, but I think that I'll wait it out a bit. I did try out the Xoom and found that it was a dramatic improvement over the Galaxy tab, only a little disappointed with its weight. As far as I know, with my unlimited Data plan on my original moto droid, rooted with wifi tethering, I should probably stick with the wifi only version, if it really is ever released in the states. Thanks Fireball.

Search tags for this page
cobug.com
how to use minimal data on droid
minimum data for verizon
minimum data plan for verizon andriod
minimum droid incredible data plan
motorola droid pro without data plan

verizon minimum data plan

what is the minimum data plan for verizon