[Rumor] Verizon Eliminates Minimum Data Plan Requirement for Motorola Xoom

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 24, 2011.

1. VitsDroid

VitsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    picked this baby up from motorola for $652 shippped to my house and no contract. Had a 25% coupon code. some lucky peeps also got in on the deal but moto has turned it off when they realized the coupon was working on the xoom.

2. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    ^You lucky son of a....lol

3. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +123
    That's true, but it often seems like the best kind of marketing happens with this scenario. Use gas prices as an example...stayed rather steady for a very long time, then next thing you know BOOM, $4 gas. Everyone was in a rage, then the economy tanked and the price dropped to twice what it was before and everyone was like "AWESOME look how cheap gas is now!" even though they're paying twice as much. This same logic can be applied to every commodity known to man if it's done correctly, and it appears to me Moto did so successfully even if it was by mistake. Create a demand for a product, shock possible buyers with high cost to feature ratio, and right before it's all said and done suddenly increase the feature to cost ratio, creating consumer buzz right before launch increasing initial sales. Not only does this tactic excite the masses, it also prevents competition like apple from coming up with a perry to the attack so to speak. Had Moto introduced the device just how it is now, apple would have answered big time by now, increasing their feature to cost ratio as well to reduce consumer interest in the Xoom.

4. COBug

COBug New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It appears that there is a data requirement on the website

I just tried to order online. I am confused or they are confused or we're both confused.

Attached Files:

5. fishfood

fishfood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think everyone's confused

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

6. Triumphrider

Triumphrider Member

Ratings:
    +0
    they are extremely confused at vzw right now. It took 3 techs to figure out I could do a data plan w/o having to sign a contract.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

7. Fireball

Fireball New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got one today without the data plan on the device and got the MIFI 1 year plan so i can use my laptops and the xoom also if i had the data plan on the xoom i only would be able to use the xoom so i got the $35 plan on the MIFI

8. Frankiebonez

Frankiebonez Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So is there a possible date for this to be confirmed? If this is true I'm going to buy one!

9. Fireball

Fireball New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Confirmed ? Do you mean. Are they available yes their availible right now

I picked one up yesterday and I am posting this thread with the xoom

Their really nice I got myne for $599. Plus tax. And I got the mifi for free with 2 year contract on the mifi. So I can hook to the device wirlesssly through
    The mifi a d it does the same thing their is no contract on the xoom itself only with the mifi witch works li,e a little phone and wirless router

I needed this type of app because I use laptop and you can connect up to. 5 devices with the mifi

10. Michlo

Michlo Member

Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, CA
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I got mine on Thursday and I can assure you, I had to pay the monthly and only had the activation fee waived because I know the Verizon feller through working with his brother.

I also only got the $599 price because of the two year service plan. It is $799 without that so I don't understand how you got that price without a plan, Fireball.

11. Fireball

Fireball New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I did get a Plan for the device but its not on the device i got the MIFI Plan witch i really needed it becuase the data plan on the xoom would have been fine but their is no app for texting on the device that i can that actuelly works if you know of one i really need to find one i have been looking in the apps market for 2 days and i just can not seem to find an app that i can text other phones with

i never use a cell phone this is why i have a zoom and also laptops ect

but for me to really be able to use the xoom i need an app to whare i can text other cell phones i heard their were some for the droid and a lot of them worked but i just cant find one for the xoom

if you find one let me know

12. Michlo

Michlo Member

Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, CA
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well there are a bunch listed under the communication section in the market. Have you not tried any? I'll give some of them a go myself.

Search tags for this page
cobug.com
how to use minimal data on droid
minimum data for verizon
minimum data plan for verizon andriod
minimum droid incredible data plan
motorola droid pro without data plan

verizon minimum data plan

what is the minimum data plan for verizon