[Rumor] Verizon Eliminates Minimum Data Plan Requirement for Motorola Xoom

COBug

Reaction score
It appears that there is a data requirement on the website

I just tried to order online. I am confused or they are confused or we're both confused.

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 273

Triumphrider

Reaction score
they are extremely confused at vzw right now. It took 3 techs to figure out I could do a data plan w/o having to sign a contract.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

Fireball

Reaction score
I got one today without the data plan on the device and got the MIFI 1 year plan so i can use my laptops and the xoom also if i had the data plan on the xoom i only would be able to use the xoom so i got the $35 plan on the MIFI

Frankiebonez

Reaction score
So is there a possible date for this to be confirmed? If this is true I'm going to buy one!

Fireball

Reaction score
Confirmed ? Do you mean. Are they available yes their availible right now

I picked one up yesterday and I am posting this thread with the xoom

Their really nice I got myne for $599. Plus tax. And I got the mifi for free with 2 year contract on the mifi. So I can hook to the device wirlesssly through
The mifi a d it does the same thing their is no contract on the xoom itself only with the mifi witch works li,e a little phone and wirless router

I needed this type of app because I use laptop and you can connect up to. 5 devices with the mifi

Michlo

Reaction score
Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, CA
Well I got mine on Thursday and I can assure you, I had to pay the monthly and only had the activation fee waived because I know the Verizon feller through working with his brother.

I also only got the $599 price because of the two year service plan. It is $799 without that so I don't understand how you got that price without a plan, Fireball.

Fireball

Reaction score
Well I got mine on Thursday and I can assure you, I had to pay the monthly and only had the activation fee waived because I know the Verizon feller through working with his brother.

I also only got the $599 price because of the two year service plan. It is $799 without that so I don't understand how you got that price without a plan, Fireball.

I did get a Plan for the device but its not on the device i got the MIFI Plan witch i really needed it becuase the data plan on the xoom would have been fine but their is no app for texting on the device that i can that actuelly works if you know of one i really need to find one i have been looking in the apps market for 2 days and i just can not seem to find an app that i can text other phones with

i never use a cell phone this is why i have a zoom and also laptops ect

but for me to really be able to use the xoom i need an app to whare i can text other cell phones i heard their were some for the droid and a lot of them worked but i just cant find one for the xoom

if you find one let me know

Michlo

Reaction score
Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, CA

I did get a Plan for the device but its not on the device i got the MIFI Plan witch i really needed it becuase the data plan on the xoom would have been fine but their is no app for texting on the device that i can that actuelly works if you know of one i really need to find one i have been looking in the apps market for 2 days and i just can not seem to find an app that i can text other phones with

i never use a cell phone this is why i have a zoom and also laptops ect

but for me to really be able to use the xoom i need an app to whare i can text other cell phones i heard their were some for the droid and a lot of them worked but i just cant find one for the xoom

if you find one let me know

Well there are a bunch listed under the communication section in the market. Have you not tried any? I'll give some of them a go myself.

Fireball

Reaction score
yes i have been looking in the communicatiosn i did find one that worked and the app loaded and eveerything but it would only text to phones in indea lol i need one for the untied states lol but ya man i been soo looking for one I am charging my xoom right now i have been one it for like 36 hours i am a really techy type of person lol thank you for helping me out let me know asap would be a great a2pp if one could get one working since it doesn have a phone and only google talk i did get yahoo messeneger to work i cant remeber what app i had to get but it wasnt a yahoo app it was somthing else and it does aim and others but i only used yahoo cause yahoo will text other phones and now most of the other instant messengers also now text but thats if you have the prgram ontoo your computer and use it their witch is what i do but for the xoom i need to find somthing that does kind of the same job

Fireball

Reaction score
Oh i know that stuff does work but actuelly texting a cell phone i need a program that will actuelly text some one let me turn myne on and get the skype ap my skype name is fireball091

Fireball

Reaction score
Skype works, at least on WiFi. I've not tried on 3G only yet.

The Skype worked awsome just like you said it would i just needed some type of phone for the device it didnt have to text but a phone or a way to comunicate with other cell phones and land line phones would be just as good good call on the skype

sb1831

Reaction score

The Skype worked awsome just like you said it would i just needed some type of phone for the device it didnt have to text but a phone or a way to comunicate with other cell phones and land line phones would be just as good good call on the skype

Sign up for Google Voice and actually use the browser to access you account and you should be able to do so there.

Fireball

Reaction score

Sign up for Google Voice and actually use the browser to access you account and you should be able to do so there.

I am working on that it mostly works but i have to build a widget for the keyboard to come up but i am getting close lol