[Rumor] Unofficial Verizon Roadmap Leaked; Droid Bionic Arriving Late July

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizons-unofficial-roadmap-leaked-droidbionic-july.jpg

An anonymous tipster over at AndroidCentral supposedly has the goods on Verizon's Unofficial roadmap. Take this one with a grain of salt as well as a dash of pepper, but if it turns out to be true, it is interesting news. The best part is that the roadmap reveals we will probably see the Droid Bionic toward the end of this month. Here's the breakdown of the devices and potential release dates:
  • LG Revere – Aug.
  • LG Cosmos 2 – Aug.
  • Motorola Droid 3- Mid July
  • Motorola Droid Bionic- Late July
  • Blackberry 9930 Bold- Late July
  • Blackberry Sedona- Aug.
  • Samsung Plato- Aug.
  • LG Gelato- Aug.
  • Samsung Convoy 2- Late July
  • Pantech Breakout- Late Aug.
  • Samsung Aegis- Sept.
  • Samsung Galaxy 10” 16GB and 32 GB – Late July
There's no word yet on some of these mystery devices, although several of them are probably just feature phones and not Android smartphones, as well as a couple that are obviously RIM devices. It looks like everything is on track for releases that the rumor mill already suggested. July is going to be an exciting month for Droid fans. We should see the Droid 3 within the next couple weeks, and the Droid Bionic soon thereafter.

Source: PhoneArena and AndroidCentral

Detonation

Reaction score
No Samsung Galaxy S2 :(

I just want a good dual core 4G phone that's worthy of an upgrade from my DX.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I get the feeling we won't be seeing the galaxy S 2 until Sept at the earliest.

bplewis24

Reaction score
When I think about this, at first glance I'm skeptical. But then on another level it does make sense. Why else would they pick July 7th to go to tiered data plans unless they had some compelling hardware releases shortly thereafter?

Remember, the new plans only affect new customers, and new customers are typically only enticed by new phones. The only phones I see Verizon considering capable of drawing new customers would be a new iOS device (iPhone4S or iPhone5), Droid Bionic (aka Targa) and possibly even the Droid3. I won't count the SGSII because that is on another carrier (but then again so will the next iPhone, so whatever).

Brandon

SoDroid

Reaction score
Sad to not see the SGSII on here. The rest of the world has had it for months. I hope the delay is because it's receiving a 4G radio.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
My wife's line will be eligible for an upgrade in mid July. If the Bionic does not have a pentile screen, then I might get it (unless I hear that the SGSII will for sure be coming to VZW in a few months). If the Bionic does have that stupid pentile screen, then I won't be getting it and I'll wait for either the SGSII or the iPhone 5.

mach330

Reaction score

same here...

I get the feeling we won't be seeing the galaxy S 2 until Sept at the earliest.

really hoping they would want to beat iphone to the punch (sammy that is). i'm sure vzw doesn't care.

My wife's line will be eligible for an upgrade in mid July. If the Bionic does not have a pentile screen, then I might get it (unless I hear that the SGSII will for sure be coming to VZW in a few months). If the Bionic does have that stupid pentile screen, then I won't be getting it and I'll wait for either the SGSII or the iPhone 5.

my main reason for wanting the sgsII is because of how thin it is. all this 4g phones are thick. but then again if it hasno 4g, then i'll have to see if i really like the bionic. just want confirmation so i know if i should wait for sgsii as my contract is up next week.

BlacknTan

Reaction score

The galaxy too will most likely NOT be 4G LTE. It has an hspa+ radio. Nothing I've read online or on google has said it will be getting LTE.

bplewis24

Reaction score
When I think about this, at first glance I'm skeptical. But then on another level it does make sense. Why else would they pick July 7th to go to tiered data plans unless they had some compelling hardware releases shortly thereafter?

Boom. Notice that the Droid 3 is going to be shipping on July 7th and released (allegedly) on July 14th.

Droid 3 appears headed for Verizon stores on July 14 | Android Central

droid-3-july-14.png

Also, a new phone just cleared the FCC that MAY be the Bionic and has a confidentiality agreement on certain documents that lifts on August 7th: Did the Motorola Droid Bionic just clear the FCC? | Android Central

There's not much to be gleaned from any FCC filing (see them at the source link) for most of us, but one interesting thing here is that the photos of the device and the user manual are under a confidentiality agreement that ends on August 7.

Good signs ;-)

Phreaker47

Reaction score
It's between the D3 and Bionic for me. My 0G Droid shall continue to limp along until then...

Suuperflie

Reaction score
It's between the D3 and Bionic for me. My 0G Droid shall continue to limp along until then...

Same here. My 0G Droid is getting really really slow. Been waiting since early feb for the bionic. No reason to get impatient now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

thesandman00

Reaction score

Same here. My 0G Droid is getting really really slow. Been waiting since early feb for the bionic. No reason to get impatient now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Same here. I'm going to cry if they put one of those stupid pentile screens in the bionic, though.

coovee

Reaction score
Ewwww Droid 3 has no SD card ...yo bionic better have one

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App