[Rumor] 'The Next Galaxy' (aka the SGS3) Coming to Verizon Summer 2012!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
PHP:
Don't count on it having JB. Google almost always lauches new OS's on a Nexus Device.

The newest leaked pic looks to be exactly that. A Nexus.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I already demo'd ATT's One X and if this comes to VZ, I'll probably get that instead. Heard Samsungs GPS has always been skittish. HTC's version, from my exp will be hard to beat and having a good navigation system is a must for me.
But since I demo'd the One X, I want to do the same for the SGS3. I already demo'd the Galaxy Note. That phone just to freaking big. It's ridiculous.
HTC will drop a competitor to the G-Note according to this article. So we shall see.

The GPS on my Note works flawlessly. As did the one on my SGS2. It has very fast lock times and coupled with the 2500mAH battery makes it a perfect nav device.

I thought it was too big at first. Now, going to a smaller screen seems rediculous to me.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reply to your feedback

Okay, I have to say a few things.

1. No indication that this was a rumor?????????????? Taken straight from the source article:

"For starters, Verizon Wireless will indeed
be offering the Samsung Galaxy S3 —
Verizon notably passed on the Galaxy S
II in favor of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
but we don’t know when the carrier will
start selling Samsung’s new
flagship smartphone.
While we have a
clear picture of Verizon’s fall smartphone
lineup, we would assume the Galaxy S III
will be available over the summer."

2. Don't you guys remember the release date debacle when the DF news team announced that it had the OFFICIAL release date for the Galaxy Nexus...even though it hadn't been confirmed by Verizon, Samsung, or Google?

Galaxy Nexus Release Date of December 9 is Official!

3. The staff here is better than this. When you post articles like these, it looks like you are doing it only to drive up site hits/traffic. Stop it.

Thank you.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hey brutha! Here are some responses to your valid and well appreciated points:

1. I definitely see your point, although they were pretty definitive about the fact that the SGS3 was coming to VZW. Still, without official confirmation, there is no way to know for sure, right? :)
2. I remember that situation well, and it makes me a bit sad. One of our best and most passionate news staff members trusted the source of that article and he really ended up getting burned. It bothered him to a such a great degree that he rarely posts news anymore, although that is also because of IRL stuff as well (not just that incident). Still, we do our best to be careful, but sometimes we have to correct ourselves. It's just part of the biz. Sometimes our enthusiasm for exciting news gets the better of us. We are only human afterall, and we love Android stuff just like you guys. We constantly strive to "reign that in" to a professional level.
3. I appreciate your candor and the compliment. I want you to know that personally, whenever any of us are writing news, our first thought has nothing to do with site hits/traffic. I know the first thought that goes through my mind when I find what is potentially a juicy story is how exciting it is to share it with you guys. You folks are like our family and we want to share our enthusiasm with you. Regardless, we appreciate your feedback and your honest criticism. We always strive to be better. Thanks a ton Briankbl!!!

Last edited:

adwohc

Reaction score
will it cost me an additional $30 to upgrade from my droid???...forget it.

armeddroid

Reaction score
sbenson said:
The hardware is fine, but the software was a bit finicky on the original SI. The issue was patched with an update.

Samsung really got a bad rap for gps issues when in fact they've been fine ever since.

Well my bro has the SGS2 and he has been making that complaint in reference to the GPS being skittish as well but I'm hearing mostly that it has in fact been fixed. The GPS was my only primary gripe about the Samsung line.
So, if that's the case then I'll def put the S3 back on my list.
One X was very nice but I've been wanting to give Samsung a try but didn't want the Nexus.
If BGR's article is accurate then I'm excited to give the S3 a shot.

armeddroid

Reaction score
07713 said:
The GPS on my Note works flawlessly. As did the one on my SGS2. It has very fast lock times and coupled with the 2500mAH battery makes it a perfect nav device.

I thought it was too big at first. Now, going to a smaller screen seems rediculous to me.

Thas cool then if it works for you. The size of the phone just don't do it for me. My cuz just picked it up and I was impressed with the Note but the size is what's turning me off.
It's def a phablet. Lol

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The white Note looks absolutely amazing though. So I'm definitely interested in the Journal when that comes. But I'm gonna guess the SGIII will be my next phone.