[RUMOR] Sprints SGSII coming Sept. 9

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly. But I still think that most people will ask themselves "Do I want slow Verizon 3G or faster Sprint 4G? It's the same phone on both carriers, just one is lacking 4G." I want a 4G phone to be my next, so it is a deciding factor for me.

I don't think that many people are really holding out for the GSII.The average person isn't going to switch carriers for one particular phone, especially if there's a similar version for their carrier.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I don't think that many people are really holding out for the GSII.The average person isn't going to switch carriers for one particular phone, especially if there's a similar version for their carrier.
4G speeds are/can be a big deciding factor for some people. If I had the money to cancel my Verizon contract and go to Sprint, I would. Also, the average person will pass up an Android phone for the iPhone just because of the simplicity of it. Unless your pretty tech savvy, you would oversee a Android phone.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
4G speeds are/can be a big deciding factor for some people. If I had the money to cancel my Verizon contract and go to Sprint, I would. Also, the average person will pass up an Android phone for the iPhone just because of the simplicity of it. Unless your pretty tech savvy, you would oversee a Android phone.

Samsung is coming out with a 4G slider so that's going to be a 4G Samsung phone for Verizon. I doubt people will be as inclined as you think to change carriers because that phone may not be a GSII phone. And you can't bring the iPhone into this, that's a totally separate thing. We're talking 3G vs 4G not Android vs iPhone.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Samsung is coming out with a 4G slider so that's going to be a 4G Samsung phone for Verizon. I doubt people will be as inclined as you think to change carriers because that phone may not be a GSII phone. And you can't bring the iPhone into this, that's a totally separate thing. We're talking 3G vs 4G not Android vs iPhone.
I was using the iPhone as an example of people switching carriers for phones. People were willing to switch to AT&T from any carrier for the iPhone, and now are willing to switch to Verizon for it now. A 4G Sammy slider is not the GS2. Can't bring a separate Sammy phone into this, that's a totally separate thingy. We're talking 4G GS2 or 3G GS2 on Verizon, not Sammy slider 4G vs. GS2

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't know what the Slider will be part of. I'm sure if people wanted a Samsung phone with 4G, they would choose that or the Charge. People don't generally change services for a phone. Since you want to use the iPhone as an example, most of the people that switched for the iPhone switched because of the Carrier who has the iPhone....which is Verizon. They didn't just switch for the phone itself or they would have/stayed with AT&T.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
We don't know what the Slider will be part of. I'm sure if people wanted a Samsung phone with 4G, they would choose that or the Charge. People don't generally change services for a phone. Since you want to use the iPhone as an example, most of the people that switched for the iPhone switched because of the Carrier who has the iPhone....which is Verizon. They didn't just switch for the phone itself or they would have/stayed with AT&T.
When the iPhone first came out, a lot of people flocked to AT&T, even if they had a service provider already. The Sammy slider, which is the Samsung Stratosphere, is the Verizon variant of the Epic 4G, so says Miami..it isn't the SG2. It's not about wanting a Samsung phone with 4G, it's about wanting to SG2 to have 4G. You seem to not understand that.

Newest thing is, Dual core with 4G because of the Bionic and Photon, not a single core 4G like the Charge.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
When the iPhone first came out, a lot of people flocked to AT&T, even if they had a service provider already. The Sammy slider, which is the Samsung Stratosphere, is the Verizon variant of the Epic 4G, so says Miami..it isn't the SG2. It's not about wanting a Samsung phone with 4G, it's about wanting to SG2 to have 4G. You seem to not understand that.

Newest thing is, Dual core with 4G because of the Bionic and Photon, not a single core 4G like the Charge.

I understand what you're saying but you don't seem to get that people aren't going to flock to a provider for a single phone. Those days are gone. And Miami has been wrong before, several times. Personally, I take his rumors with a grain of salt. So I guess we'll see but I doubt the GS2 will have 4G right now if it's not the slider they are release along side the Bionic. So I guess you'll be switching your services for a single phone. Good luck with that.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I'd love it if the S2 was an LTE phone, but I just don't think it'll happen. As for the slider, I don't think it'll be the same Galaxy S2 that the rest of the world is raving about.

Just my 2¢...

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying but you don't seem to get that people aren't going to flock to a provider for a single phone. Those days are gone. And Miami has been wrong before, several times. Personally, I take his rumors with a grain of salt. So I guess we'll see but I doubt the GS2 will have 4G right now if it's not the slider they are release along side the Bionic. So I guess you'll be switching your services for a single phone. Good luck with that.
Never said I would, saying it's been done before. The US version of the GS2 is the GS2. This and the Samsung Hercules (T-Mo Variant) aren't sliders. They said they aren't changing it since the GS2 is a phone, not a like like the Galaxy S phones.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Never said I would, saying it's been done before. The US version of the GS2 is the GS2. This and the Samsung Hercules (T-Mo Variant) aren't sliders. They said they aren't changing it since the GS2 is a phone, not a like like the Galaxy S phones.
*not a line like the Galaxy S phones*