[Rumor] Sony Xperia Z Google Edition Coming in July

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
xperia-z-gallery-04.png

Here's an interesting bit of intel for you guys this afternoon. Sources suggest that Sony might be jumping on the "Nexus Experience" bandwagon too. Apparently they are already planning to introduce their own Google Edition version of the Sony Xperia Z in July. If it turns out to be true, it's probably no surprise since Samsung and HTC have already boarded the same train.

This pure Android edition of the Sony Xperia Z would likely come with Android 4.2.2 and would sell for $599.99 according to the sources of this rumor. More than likely if it turns out to be real, it will only come to AT&T and T-Mobile since the Google Edition devices are limited to GSM phones right now. We will keep you in the loop if more info arrises.

What do you guys think? Any AT&T or T-Mo users excited by the prospect of this device?

Source: UnwiredView

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure VZ and Nexus are done. When some of these other companies get their networks together, VZ and I are done =D

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to have competition, but as it stands right now it's Verizon or bust.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. I feel like I should get a discount though since the NSA is helping them process phone records at no cost. Clearly some of those fees we're paying are unwarranted.