[Rumor] Sony Nexus X Pics Leak with Google Branding and On-Screen Buttons

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony-nexus-x-front.jpeg

If this new rumor turns out to be true, it would all but confirm previous rumors that Google created a multi-OEM Nexus program for their 5-year anniversary. This latest picture leak shows off what appears to be a Sony Nexus X device. It even comes complete with Google branding and on-screen ICS/Jelly Bean style buttons. The phone may actually be a rebranded (and possibly refreshed and enhanced) version of the Xperia T with stock Android. Of course, it could be an elaborate mockup, but if it is they did a great job with it. If it is real, it certainly looks like this is going to be an amazing year for Android phones.

Sony-Nexus-X-back.jpeg

What do you guys think? Could you see yourself owning a Sony Nexus phone?

Source: PhoneArena

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
I would love to get this if it's really getting the Nexus branding, cuz I'm not digging LG's Nexus, presuming the Sony comes to VZW.

End of Line.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
if that came to vzw and had the right specs I could see myself getting it. I'm still really digging the note 2 though. gonna have to wait a bit before I pull the trigger

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wow, that phone is hideous. The back side looks too like it gets thicker at the bottom. I know the S3 got a lot of flack for having a physical home button, but I prefer it. My N7 has on screen buttons and I'm not too big of a fan of them.

arparaspolo

Reaction score
Yuck!

That thing looks disgusting. Looks like an old school remote from the back. I have no idea about Sony's mobile phones or their specs, but on looks alone, it one of the ugliest phones I have ever seen.

npro1464

Reaction score
Someone pointed out on androidandme.com that the "Google" on the back looks photoshopped, so this is likely a fake. Wish it were real.

It does look a little bulky though. After the Thunderbolt, my next phone has to be thin, so this may not fly. The LG phone has a laundry list of drawbacks, one of them being that its made from LG. I'm surprised the multiple Nexus rumors have started up again, just as I was beginning to doubt them. Still hoping a Galaxy Nexus 2 comes out, even if its a minor refresh.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Hopefully some specs will be released but if Google is making it standard like the LG Nexus then I might pass up on all these Nexus variants.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, that phone is hideous. The back side looks too like it gets thicker at the bottom. I know the S3 got a lot of flack for having a physical home button, but I prefer it. My N7 has on screen buttons and I'm not too big of a fan of them.

+1

That thing looks disgusting. Looks like an old school remote from the back. I have no idea about Sony's mobile phones or their specs, but on looks alone, it one of the ugliest phones I have ever seen.

+1

it being that ugly... there's no specs possible to make me want that phone... plus since its Sony I'm even less interested

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt that the real Sony Nexus will be any different body-wise than all the new Xperias so I'm not really worried. Of course, they could pull an 'LG'...

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
I doubt that the real Sony Nexus will be any different body-wise than all the new Xperias so I'm not really worried. Of course, they could pull an 'LG'...

Long as they're along the same design of the experia line. I kinda liked the look of the body style. Wasn't digging the look of the photoshoped pic with its butt like hump.

End of Line.