1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Rumor] Samsung's Own Dual-Core Orion CPU May Power Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 8, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

There has been much speculation regarding the Galaxy S2 that Samsung will soon show off at MWC. Some have suggested that it will have the Nvidia Tegra 2 or perhaps even a dual-core TI OMAP processor. However, current industry "rumint" seems to point to Samsung themselves. Apparently, they may have finally finished their delayed dual-core Orion processor, and it will debut as the 'brains' behind the Galaxy S successor.

If this turns out to be true, it would make a lot of sense for Samsung. After-all, it will be easier for them to control production of the chip when it is made by their own fabs. This could turn out to be a double-edged sword for them though. Last year the HTC Droid Incredible was delayed because Samsung couldn't produce enough of the AMOLED displays to satisfy HTC's demand for the Incredible, so they could end up a victim of their own manufacturing problems. We will soon know the reality behind all this speculation at MWC on Valentine's Day.

Above may be a picture of the actual phone, but it is unconfirmed at this time (even though the pic shows an AT&T logo, the phone's carrier is also still unconfirmed at this time).

Source: Phonearena via Androidandme
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  2. t0k3ndr01d

t0k3ndr01d New Member

the form factor and design reminds me of the storm2
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Competition is good. I like seeing other companies going head to head with NVidia on the cpus.
  4. diverbelow

diverbelow New Member

just hope the SGS 2 will come to Verizon before this September.
  5. bizzshow

bizzshow New Member

^^ Me also if it has the orion drop it early summer and I'm all in its can barebare with this d2 until then just please don't pull a motorola and look the bootloader
  6. bizzshow

bizzshow New Member

Swift key your done but I was trying to say I can bare with my d2 until summer time for this oh yeah and Samsung please don't start locking bootloaders
  7. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 New Member

This looks almost exactly like the Captivate which is already on ATT.... Hmm I can't find anything different about the 2.
  8. bizzshow

bizzshow New Member

I doubt that's the 2 I'm willing to bet that's just a pic of the captivate but I could be wrong
Search tags for this page

samsung galaxy s2 verizon