[RUMOR] Samsung to Make the Next Nexus...Yes, Again

techRob

Reaction score
funwheeldrive has a good point - an asus one would be interesting :)

Myself... I would like to see a Moto one; with the battery of the razr maxx (preferably removable to boot), and the sturdy hardware design that seem to always be there with moto-phones (at least it was for the OG Droid - I haven't paid a lot of attention to them, sorry if I'm a little off base), drop a screen no bigger than the GNexus.... Okay, so I just described the GNexus in a Moto shell w/a Moto battery :biggrin: ..what can I say, I'm extremely happy with this phone. (naturally i'd love to see some component improvements, but that's where my knowledge falls short with these things...I've been out of the loop too long). But I would like to see what Moto could come up with - as long as it's not as thin as the Razr....it's just too thin, doesn't feel right / natural...needs *some* meat on it. I want me a Marilyn Monroe phone! :D (lol sorry...it was going through my head and I had to make the reference)... please don't ban / discipline me :blink:

skennelly

Reaction score
We can all learn something here. Google buys Motorola mobility and won't make a Motorola Google phone. This is why I will never own another Motorola device.

52brandon

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind another samsung nexus. I'm surprised they didn't go Moto, being as they own the company and all...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah but remember this is not official its a rumor so dont get to bummed or committed.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Though I really wanted motorola to get it I would not be surprised if they passed. Like I said before, I believe moto's aim is to replace blackbeey and become the premiere phone for business customers.

I'd tend to agree. I'd also add that Google may be very leery of giving Moto a flagship Nexus at risk of alienating its other partners. Too much concern over showing favoritism, so they'll dish out the Nexus gravy elsewhere.

77Pat

Reaction score
Samsung could be good, since they seem to be the ones pushing a lot of the tech general consumers seem to get excited about (screen, high specced processor, form factor).

For me, I like a phone to be a phone first, so battery life and call quality are at the top of the list [Motorola- I am biased with my history of phones being Moto e815, Moto w385, and now a Droid X...my sister had an HTC Incredible (I thought the screen was too narrow) and now has the Rezound (would probably be the one I would get if I needed a new phone today]. Then I use it as an mp3 player (cowon, if they decided to make a phone...I have not heard if they use the same tech as their mp3 players, but Sony is a brand I would like to see get a shot). The wildcard for me is Asus as they seem to be doing some very interesting things with the devices they have been/are planning to release.

hxdrummerxc

Reaction score
Samsung could be good, since they seem to be the ones pushing a lot of the tech general consumers seem to get excited about (screen, high specced processor, form factor).

For me, I like a phone to be a phone first, so battery life and call quality are at the top of the list [Motorola- I am biased with my history of phones being Moto e815, Moto w385, and now a Droid X...my sister had an HTC Incredible (I thought the screen was too narrow) and now has the Rezound (would probably be the one I would get if I needed a new phone today]. Then I use it as an mp3 player (cowon, if they decided to make a phone...I have not heard if they use the same tech as their mp3 players, but Sony is a brand I would like to see get a shot). The wildcard for me is Asus as they seem to be doing some very interesting things with the devices they have been/are planning to release.

O,
The good ol' Motorola E815.

I loved that phone, Still to this day that phone had probably the best reception out of any of my phones. It had solid call quality.
It also had a decent screen for phones from that time. I thought I was sweet because I could play mp3 files off of my 513mb microSD in that bad boy.

O man, how I somewhat miss those days.....
Me and Moto don't get along anymore (I won't support a locked bootloader)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 to the E815. That started me paying attention to specific phones and reception. Also started me liking phones with big screens.

I wanna see Moto make the next Nexus. Or just somebody different. HTC and Samsung has had enough turns. I dont wanna see Samsung make anymore Nexus phones. Use some of their collective parts in the next Nexus...but not the Nexus as a whole. Kids mother has a Nexus S...and that phone plus Sprint's service is a deadly combination....in a bad way.

77Pat...me and you think alike...lol. For my wants n needs Moto would always be the choice...until they start going away from battery life and overall call quality.

Big Ry

Reaction score
The E815 was solid, but mine started going crazy once my girl dropped it in the toilet lol (still made calls though!). But hands down the BEST phone I've ever had was the one I had right before my first smartphone (right before I became a phone salesman too...coincidence? Lol). It was the LG vx8300. That thing was a) a tank and b) the absolute best for reception. You could lock it in a safe that was made of 1' thick steel and bury it 100' deep and it would still have full bars. My grandma still uses this phone on our family plan!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Josefius

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind either, my GN has been awesome and I don't mind using it for years to come.

npro1464

Reaction score
Well, I like where Samsung is heading. They've certainly turned it around since the old days of the Fascinate (what a disaster that was). But I wish Asus or Moto got a shot at this. Both companies allow you to turn your phone into a laptop via an adapter, and I think both companies could benefit from that Google polish. This is where we are heading. Microsoft is going this way with their Windows 8 tabs.

However, I doubt Verizon will even get the Nexus again. Not with the way they botched the launch of the Galaxy Nexus and threw a hissy fit over Google Wallet.

Josefius

Reaction score
However, I doubt Verizon will even get the Nexus again. Not with the way they botched the launch of the Galaxy Nexus and threw a hissy fit over Google Wallet.

I agree, VZW is pretty lame in a lot of ways. Makes me miss T-Mobile.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I would love a Motorola Nexus. The original Droid was very solid in build and in software. If they put out something with a Gorilla Glass screen that was 4.5" or larger, a really good removable battery, good processor, enough RAM, slim, and LTE I'd be pleased. It'd have to have an unlockable bootloader and be easy to root since it's a Nexus.

That said, I wouldn't mind another Samsung. I'm very pleased with mine.

captdroid

Reaction score
I could care less who makes the next 'Nexus'. I expect to run my Galaxy Nexus for several years