[RUMOR] Samsung to Make the Next Nexus...Yes, Again

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
nexuslogo.jpeg

We are going to throw this one up as rumor. According to DigiTimes and Industry insiders, "Google Inc is cooperating with Samsung as its primary production partner for the launch of its second and third own-brand smartphones."

Since Samsung has become the top vendor of Android smartphones, Google will continue to have Samsung develop its next-generation Nexus models, leveraging Samsung's innovation ability with regard to the Android platform, and its ability to control the supply of key components, said sources.

Keep in mind folks that DigiTimes has missed the boat on more than one occasion, and this is only one source. If the decision on the next manufacturer has not been made yet, you can bet it is going to happen very very soon. We'll keep our eyes peeled for reliable information that will verify the veracity of this rumor. Does it matter who makes the next Nexus, or is there a preference? Perhaps Motorola? Maybe HTC again? We want to hear from you.

Source: DigiTimes

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i personally would love to see moto .. but they would have to unlock bootloaders. which i dont see happening. rather have HTC then samsung though. so far not impressed with the samsung galaxy nexus

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
We're talking about the same Google that was rumored to have made a recent statement about NOT using Samsung as a partner anymore for it's flagship devices due to inconsistent build quality and persistent software bugs, right?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i personally would love to see moto .. but they would have to unlock bootloaders. which i dont see happening. rather have HTC then samsung though. so far not impressed with the samsung galaxy nexus

lets take a look back at memory lane at motorola's first (unofficial nexus like) vanilla "android saving" "deity of android" Droid.

[video=youtube;v3CT1s01Hu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3CT1s01Hu8[/video]

[video=youtube;OgmKCV-k7g4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgmKCV-k7g4&feature=relmfu[/video]

We just saw how great the og droid was and I think its long over due for a motorola branded nexus or another motorola droid (the unlocked on we all know and love).dancedroid

B

bens42608

lets take a look back at memory lane at motorola's first (unofficial nexus like) vanilla "android saving" "deity of android" Droid.

[video=youtube;v3CT1s01Hu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3CT1s01Hu8[/video]

[video=youtube;OgmKCV-k7g4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgmKCV-k7g4&feature=relmfu[/video]

We just saw how great the og droid was and I think its long over due for a motorola branded nexus or another motorola droid (the unlocked on we all know and love).dancedroid

I have this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia today for that first Droid that changed the world. I miss that og but I am proud. It might sound stupid but I'd love for them to re-release the og Droid but with a larger screen, thinner, 4g lte, the tegra CPU, & a gig of ram, with an unlocked bootloader and devs can all flock to it, creating all kinds of Roms n goodies for us to play with- like it used to be. -golden accents, very thin physical keyboard, no more blur, etc
God I'm daydreaming.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia today for that first Droid that changed the world. I miss that og but I am proud. It might sound stupid but I'd love for them to re-release the og Droid but with a larger screen, thinner, 4g lte, the tegra CPU, & a gig of ram, with an unlocked bootloader and devs can all flock to it, creating all kinds of Roms n goodies for us to play with- like it used to be. -golden accents, very thin physical keyboard, no more blur, etc
God I'm daydreaming.

Maybe we should all call/email/petition vzw about it and maybe they may cave .... ;)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time until Android and Nokia become friends. Once this happens, it will end all talk of who should get the Nexus. Could you imagine the Lumina 900 as a Nexus device running 4.0 right now?

empoweredh22

Reaction score
God I'm daydreaming.

It's called the Droid Razr. :-D

Didn't we find out that any company that wants to can submit a prototype/proposal device to Google when we went through the g-nex cycle? Because if I remember right HTC and LG had both also submitted prototypes but Google chose to go with Sammy's design. I don't think Moto had even submitted a design according to the info I had seen.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've got no issue if Samsung makes it again. I'd like to see a lesser known get a shot though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've got no issue if Samsung makes it again. I'd like to see a lesser known get a shot though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Though I really wanted motorola to get it I would not be surprised if they passed. Like I said before, I believe moto's aim is to replace blackbeey and become the premiere phone for business customers.

Maybe samsung having another crack at this may be a good thing. Htc's first lte device (tbolt) had its share of bugs but they learned from it and made an awesome improvement in the rezound. Samsung may learn from the complaints they had about the charge and the first nexus radios (whether it be hardware, software, or a fluke) they will be able to learn and hopefully improve. Because if you take the radio issue out the equation then the galaxy nexus what honest complaint would users have (yeah that open ended). But the reality is the biggest flaw/complaint has been the issues many customers were experiencing with the radios. If samsung does make another nexus hopefully we see a step up in improving how the nexus holds on to the lte signals.

Oh by the way wasnt there a story that google was going to make its own phone through motorola.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Oh by the way wasnt there a story that google was going to make its own phone through motorola.
Yes there was...that was well over a year ago. Good memory :)