[Rumor] Samsung Intends to Beat Apple in 'Home Turf' of US with Exynos 5 Octa SGS4

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-exynos-5-octa-official-1.jpg

According to the latest intel that seems to come straight from Korea, all the previous rumors suggesting that the North American version of the Samsung Galaxy S IV coming with a chip other than the Exynos 5 Octa-core are completely false. In fact, it's possible that the rumor is reversed if even viable at all. Insider sources suggest that Samsung's intent is to deal a powerful blow to their U.S. based rival, Apple. They intend to do that by hitting the ground running with the most powerful and most efficient hardware on the planet that they made themselves, the Exynos 5 Octa-core.

Not only that, but their choice of launch sites is no coincidence either. They chose New York, not just because it is a famous bastion of American history, but also because of its nickname, "The Big Apple." They apparently want to hit their Cupertino-based rival hard on many fronts, even in a metaphorical way. Besides hitting their rival in the abstract, there is a real competitive drive from Samsung to boost themselves to a whole new level in the real world too. Here's a quote with some additional detail,

Insiders said the Korean firm strategically chosen the Radio City Music Hall for the unveiling venue.

''Since New York is nicknamed the Big Apple, which is also the symbol and heart of the United States, Samsung picked that city for the event,’’ one said.

''We are highly positive that the new Galaxy will receive a favorable response from consumers and markets. By releasing the S4 on Apple’s home-turf, Samsung wants to show we can effectively manage our smartphone business even in the United States,’’ said another insider, familiar with the matter.

The firm’s confidence is based on the new phone’s faster evolution in hardware specifications and improvements in look and feel of the surface screen.

To cope with increased consumer demand for faster data processing, the new Galaxy will be powered by the in-house Exynos Octa-core processors, making the S4 theoretically twice as fast as the S3, which uses quad-core processors.

The display size is expected to be enlarged to 5 inches, while the storage capacity will be expanded to 2 gigabytes (GB).

''These wow factors will draw attention. If we can beat Apple on its home turf, then we will be seen as the real global leader in smartphones by consumers,’’ said the insider.

You have to hand it to Samsung. They really have that "eye of the tiger" competitive mentality. They strive forward by innovating and pushing the creative envelope, even with their marketing campaigns. It is exciting to hear that the U.S. version of the device will likely have the hot new tech in the Exynos 5 Octa-core chip. What do you guys think? Are you more excited by the idea that the device will come with the new super-chip from Sammy?

Source: KoreaTimes

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Damn it, looks like I'm going to be buying a new phone at full price. I love my S3, but I have no doubt someone else who buys it will love it just as much =D. I will however give it some time though to make sure all the kinks are worked out, root is obtained (as well as unlock its bootloader if its locked) and all that jazz.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I hope this is true. :icon_ banana:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to Beat Apple in 'Home Turf' of US with Exynos 5 Octa SGS4

Yes, yes, yes!!!

If this is true and we do get the Octa core processor I'm 100% jumping on the S4 as my next phone.

Take that X phone.

Sent from the Nexus Galaxy.

clueless77

Reaction score
makes me a bit leery about getting the S4 with new hardware that may possibly be un stable but it won't stop me :D