[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy SIII Will Have Wireless Charging Out of the Box

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
siii.jpg

A new rumor about Samsung's Galaxy SIII has surfaced and it might be the most interesting one yet. According to Korean site DDaily the new Galaxy SIII will be equipped with wireless charging capabilities out of the box. If that wasn't enough to spark your interest, the website goes on to specify that the range of the wireless charging station is between 1 and 2 meters which is a vast improvement over most wireless charging options currently available. Once again this is only a rumor and should be taken as such. We'll let you know if this rumor is confirmed, until then let us know your thoughts in the forums.

Source: Phandroid

52brandon

Reaction score
awesome. I can see car makers integrating that technology in the future now too. Never have to plug it in, just charges in your pocket, so convenient

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah, convenient, but who wants to drive around inside a large electromagnet where the driver is the rod inside the coil?

Personally we're all bombarded by enough electromagnetic radiation without riding inside a magnetic field.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

goosedeath

Reaction score
Yeah, convenient, but who wants to drive around inside a large electromagnet where the driver is the rod inside the coil?

Personally we're all bombarded by enough electromagnetic radiation without riding inside a magnetic field.

+10

Sent from my Galactic Unicorn!

52brandon

Reaction score

I thought about that. But I figure the R&D departments of these massive companies looked into it further than me (I'm not being a smartass, I seriously thought the same thing). Besides, when you're the only one without one, you'll be in so many of those magnetic fields that belong to the owners of phones that are using it that I don't think you'll get much choice

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon will be dumb not to take this phone. Sadly, I don't think they will due to it not being built for LTE. Awesome feature though.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon will be dumb not to take this phone. Sadly, I don't think they will due to it not being built for LTE. Awesome feature though.

I'd be shocked if this didn't come to Verizon. Samsung stated that they finally have a Exynos that plays nice with LTE. Just don't expect this phone on Big Red until September at the earliest.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if this didn't come to Verizon. Samsung stated that they finally have a Exynos that plays nice with LTE. Just don't expect this phone on Big Red until September at the earliest.

I hope its earlier than that.. but either way, I'll be picking it up to play around with it. If it lives up to the hype anyway. :). Glad to here that about the processors though.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Is it just me or does this sound like not a big deal? Even with 1-2 meter wireless charging that's the normal length of a standard USB cable. If you can only stay within 1-2 meters of the charging station, what's the difference with having the phone plugged in? Also, considering energy cost is much less using a cable then this sort of wireless charging.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does this sound like not a big deal? Even with 1-2 meter wireless charging that's the normal length of a standard USB cable. If you can only stay within 1-2 meters of the charging station, what's the difference with having the phone plugged in? Also, considering energy cost is much less using a cable then this sort of wireless charging.

No cords my friend. That's what everyone wants. And the fact that you won't even need a mat is even better.

This will be first-gen charging tech which is only going to get better and better. In a year or two you'll probably be able to charge from anywhere in your house.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
neat but i am not going to believe all the hype on this phone until it gets closer to release .. have 2 upgrades in nov or dec ( which i bet vzw wont get this if they get this until nov ) i will save for them though .. just in case