[Rumor] Samsung Could be Unveiling as Many as 8 Android Devices in Q1 of 2013

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-blurple-press-event-sign.png

New intel has arrived regarding Samsung's Android smartphone strategy for the first quarter of the year. Apparently a list of phablets and some mid-range & budget-friendly devices was leaked. The following unconfirmed list will likely be unveiled at MWC next month. These devices are in addition to the Samsung Galaxy S IV which will likely be launched at its own press event after MWC. Here's the list:
  • GT-B9150 – Name TBD
  • GT-I8262 – Galaxy Core
  • GT-I9150 / GT-I9152 – Galaxy Fonblet 5.8
  • GT-I9205 – Galaxy Fonblet 6.3
  • GT-S5282 – Galaxy Star
  • GT-S5310 / GT-S5312 – Galaxy Pocket 2
  • GT-S6310 / GT-S6312 – Galaxy Young
  • GT-S6810 / GT-S6810P – Galaxy Frame
If this list is accurate then it confirms a couple of the super-large devices we heard rumors about previously, like the 5.8 & 6.3-inch devices. Of course, without any details, it's hard to get excited by a list of model names. Luckily we only have to wait a few weeks to get a more thorough look at Samsung's lineup.

Source: PhoneArena

droidxd00d

Reaction score
It may seem like too many devices but I bet most will be sold in different areas of the world, we might not even see 3 of these devices in the US.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I agree if they all drop in the US that is WAY WAY to many devices coming out to close together... IF it happens that way I would say it's getting a little out of hand.... But I do think that some or most of them will drop elsewhere...

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Whats the point?

I'd rather have a note 3 come out.....but i cant think of anything they can put into it.... A 1080p screen on it would be nice, maybe a faster gpu, the processor is plenty, plenty of ram.

Devices are just getting too good.(did i really just say this?:blink:) The software hasnt caught up yet. These devices are now micro PC's.

I have a S3 that i just received due to to many...."Faulty" Nexii's. I have an upgrade coming in april. I cannot forsee anything being able to get me to actually upgrade. No matter what i do, I cannot slow down this dang S3(never had this problem before). The only thing I could upgrade to is a 1080 screen and quad core. For what? 1080p screen on the note 3.....maybe....but i dont want a 5.8" note 3. The only thing the S4 will be, is a faster Nexus 4.

I just dont know what to do. Before I knew what new things I wanted in a phone(better screen, more ram, better cpu and gpu, better battery life). Its all there now. No reason for more ram, dual/quadcore's are great now, gpu is fast as a son of a gun. Screens are HD.....im lost.:frown:

Now what? :crying::popped out:

Im so lost.....