[Rumor] Possible Images of BlackBerry Messenger on Android Leak; Real or Fake?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BBMforAndroidhome1.jpg

We have reported in the past that RIM was purportedly working on porting BlackBerry Messenger to Android, and a new series of leaked images suggests that may be close to being finished. Unfortunately, there have been some updates to this story that suggest one of the images could be a fake, which could invalidate the entire story. Still, on the off chance that at least one of the pics is real, we thought it prudent to share it with you and let you decide. For many users, porting BBM to Android would potentially be a great boon. The below image is the one suspected of being a fake, because,
it appears as though the image used in the screenshot below was pieced together from a marketing shot posted by RIM in August.
Share your thoughts in the forums.

BBMforAndroid2.jpg

Source: Android.net via BGR

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Now I can be cool with all my BB friends! :)

FueledBlack

Reaction score
I would actually be incredibly interested to know if this progresses. For some reason I think it'd be a very nice addition to an already amazing toy.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Two questions. Why does it look a scratched up like that? And what is the H about the signal bar?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Two questions. Why does it look a scratched up like that? And what is the H about the signal bar?

Q1: It looks like a theme. Maybe scribbles?
Q2: The H is for HSDPA. It's like GSM 3.5G.

Chatchie

Reaction score
RIM could make money on this. Id pay $4.99 for BBM. Lots of friends use it.