[Rumor] Nexus 6 May be Coming to Verizon

boidsonly

Reaction score
As cut-throat as this industry is, VZW cannot afford to give up sales even in the eaches. I, for one, am glad the N6 is coming. It is the only phone that can make me sell my Note 3. Let's hope the rumor has some substance to it...

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
:eek:Maybe this is why the X2 won't have a developer phone...

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Have the Nexus phones in the past come rootable with unlocked bootloaders? If I can get it with 64GB and it's rootable/unlockable, I could live w/out the SD Card.
That's for sure. If you got 64GB storage with 3GB RAM & Qualcomm 801 at the minimum for a Vanilla-Like Android device you can get away with it. Phone would run without a hitch. Make it waterproof to compete with Xperia Z3 and you got a winner. If this monster had an SD card, no telling what it's limits would be.

If only in a perfect world we had such a thing... That's why we have root to fall back on.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I will never get a Nexus Device on Verizon again!!! You will not get any early updates at all!!
IMHO timely OS updates haven't been relevant since Gingerbread to ICS. Some might argue JellyBean to KitKat, but with all the problems that came with the original KK release across multiple devices, getting the latest OS update is the least of my concerns when choosing a new device.

tap'n on my S5

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will never get a Nexus Device on Verizon again!!! You will not get any early updates at all!!

I don't think so. If Google does a nexus on Verizon they will demand complete control including updates. They saw the cluster that was the galaxy nexus and you can bet Google is not going to have it. Either Google get complete control or they will release a Google Play edition Moto phablet but there will be none of this verizon apps or verizon not allowing Google wallet because they want to push their isis wallet. Google is going to look at Verizon seeing they are not bothering apple so do not bother google. Plus both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 did well with out Verizon. If you get a Verizon Nexus it will be treated like the other nexus devices which is a fully unlocked phone that can be used on any carrier and will get swift updates from the source. Which makes me wonder if this story has some merit (Is the Nexus 6 everyone thinks Verizon is getting just a Moto S TK Tech News

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
IMHO timely OS updates haven't been relevant since Gingerbread to ICS. Some might argue JellyBean to KitKat, but with all the problems that came with the original KK release across multiple devices, getting the latest OS update is the least of my concerns when choosing a new device.

Completely agree. Never been an issue for me as I've always rooted and flashed custom roms - not even concerned about that anymore (well, root for a few reasons).

I care a lot more about specs. I'm interested in the Moto X2, but only a 32gig version since there's no SD. 16gigs just doesn't cut it for me with several gigs of apps and several more gigs of data (I auto-download a lot of news content to read offline). 16gigs would leave me very little storage for other content, not to mention one would like to have at least 2gigs free for impromptu pics and/or video.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
SOrt of agree. I finally got ICS on my HTC and was able to run some apps that were unable to run on GB. BUT I really wanted JB for Google Now.
Other then that? KK was a disaster on my Razr HD. Performance was better but it added nothing else worthy IMO.