[Rumor] Nexus 5 Coming End of October

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 2, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

We have a double rumor regarding the Nexus 5 today. The first one is that the device will be revealed the last week of October. This corresponds with previous rumors suggesting an end of this month launch. The rumor came from the usual "sources close to the matter," which is as dubious as it gets. This report also comes with intel that the phone will cost half the price of the iPhone 5S. This would put it in the £275 ($473 AUS, $446 US) range, which is a little more expensive than the previous Nexus 4. Of course, this rumored pricing is also not regionally adjusted, so it's possible the US sale price will be a bit lower, perhaps in the $350-400 range.

Ultimately, this rumor doesn't offer much that is new, although it is additional confirmation of some previous intel. Of course, we will continue to crank out stories which offer any hints at the launch of this new device.

Source: TechRadar

2. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14
    While I'm not excited about the phone (not in the market)... I am excited that it means 4.4 will be released around this time!

3. Asgard

Asgard Member

Ratings:
    +22
    $446 seems a little too much for me, if that's true I will go with the Xiaomi Mi3 for less than that including shipping.

Unless that's the price for the 64GB version.

4. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +78
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    $450 seems a little steep to me as well. Especially with how concerned I am about the 2300 mAH (presumably non-removable) battery as is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Ditto. After the terrible battery life I get on my GNex with the extended battery, I need something bigger...

6. HorizonProductions

HorizonProductions New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good timing, I think my current phone is getting of age, and I am definitely a fan of Google's hardware. $450 in the US though, not sure what it'll be like in Aus.

Search tags for this page

nexus 5

nexus 5 forums