[Rumor] Nexus 5 Based On LG G2; Coming in October with Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexus-4-back-artistic-shot-from-anandtech.jpg

According to the latest rumor-mill, the next generation of Android Nexus will again be based upon LG hardware. Supposedly, the Nexus 5 will utilize the same internals as the upcoming LG G2 flagship. The source of this news even shared these hardware details, which seem to match up with previous info on the G2:
  • Snapdragon 800 processor
  • Either 2GB or 3GB of RAM (Undecided as of yet)
  • 13MP camera with OIS
  • 2700 mAh battery
  • 5.2-inch display Full HD IPS display
  • LTE-A support
Furthermore, the source of this report also indicated the device will launch in October with Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie firmly planted within. Of course, this is merely rumor at this point, but we will keep a watchful eye out for any more details which might corroborate this intel.

Source: AndroidAuthority

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If true look for an Apple lawsuit. OIS is the same 3 letters as ios.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
And it will not be available on Verizon, move along, nothing to see here.:icon_ devil:

I don't see how they would keep the cost within the price point for a typical Nexus phone, if it's got much of the same hardware as the G2. Don't get me wrong, this would absolutely be my next device if it were to come to Verizon. However, I think you're probably correct in that it'll be released on the other major carriers. One of my work colleagues just switched from Sprint to T-Mobile last week, and so far he's quite happy with the service. Granted, Sprint's coverage in my area is pretty awful, but I'm monitoring his situation to try to determine whether I make that leap as well. I like having unlimited data on Verizon, but that isn't going to last forever AND they've been passing up on (or receiving later than everyone else) essentially all of the phones I'm interested in as my next device. Only time will tell, I suppose.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I the Nexus 4 had been LTE I would have been all over it at $349 (for 16GB model). If this 5 model comes in at $400 or so I'm in on release day. (you can't get a used S4 at that price).

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I the Nexus 4 had been LTE I would have been all over it at $349 (for 16GB model). If this 5 model comes in at $400 or so I'm in on release day. (you can't get a used S4 at that price).

I got my used as new S4, and the phone is brand spanking new, last owner had it for a few weeks and took care of it, I also received a 32 gig micro sd card "Samsung", one black otterbox defender with holster, one white otterbox commuter case, all for $475.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Wow I'm surprised you can get a used s4 so soon.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Wow I'm surprised you can get a used s4 so soon.

As quickly as some people go through phones you can get used anything almost immediately haha. People always looking for the next best thing or don't personally like it.