[Rumor] Next-Gen Nexus 7 Coming in July with Qualcomm Processor & Cheaper Price

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 3, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

A little over a week ago, we shared "rumint" indicating the next generation of Nexus 7 would still be from Asus and would likely come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor instead of a NVIDIA Tegra processor like the current gen version. A new report from Reuters today confirms much of our previous story. According to their sources, the new Nexus 7 will again be made by Asus and will launch in July of this year. Furthermore, the new tablet will be coming with the Qualcomm Snapdragon instead of NVIDIA tech. Here's a quote with more info,

If this report turns out to be accurate, it probably doesn't come as a surprise. NVIDIA is great at making powerful processors and GPUs but Qualcomm is just flat out better at building a more power efficient product right now. Additionally, there is speculation Google is planning a price drop for the tablet to just $149.99. Right now their pricing plans are in flux and they may stick with their current plan, but if there is a price drop it will likely be an attempt to increase sales of the Nexus 7 to put even more market pressure on Amazon and Apple. Here's another quote with more of the details,

It looks like another tablet war is heating up for this summer. Grab some popcorn!

Source: Reuters
  2. Fuzzball

Fuzzball New Member

$150? I might just buy one for the wife. I hope they build enough of them because the demand will be pretty high.
  3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Can't wait to see it. Completely happy with my N7, so doesn't seem like any real reason to switch over to an updated model, for me at least.
Search tags for this page

price nexus 7 next-gen dgstorm