[Rumor] Next Droid May Actually be the Motorola Droid M for $149.99

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-DROID-M-Verizon-Wireless.jpeg

If this supposedly leaked document pictured above is real, then either the Droid RAZR HD will not be the next Verizon and Motorola device, or it has a different name. According to the source of this leak, the next device coming out will be the Motorola Droid M, and as you can see in the document, it will retail for a competitive price of $149.99. This same source indicated that the phone will be announced on September 5th at the Verizon and Motorola unveiling event. The phone will reportedly have the following specs:
  • Black and white color options
  • Dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon processor
  • Kevlar case like the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX
  • HD display with 1196 x 720-pixel resolution
Hmmm... that does sound like the RAZR HD. Could this simply be an internal name for the device? We will know next week.

Source: BGR

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The DROID HD seems like it will be similar to the ATRIX HD on AT&T. Which is priced at $99. So, $149 would be the way to go.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This could be... the HD was supposed to be a flagship device... but its a bit late for the specs that its said to have to be considered flagship. It also makes sense because I wouldn't think they'd go toe to toe with the iphone 5 with an outdated device...

So its a lower priced (possibly) last of the old moto devices..

I hope not... if so... I'll be actively searching for my next device, or waiting to see if moto has any innovative devices released close to Christmas...

But the m, sure sounds like the mini that was rumored.... perhaps its the same as the HD... but with a smaller battery???

Some concrete news would be awesome... sept 5th..... crossing my fingers...

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
My name is Droid M Razr. The M stands for money which you will give me tons of over the next two years!