[Rumor] New Samsung Galaxy Note III Coming Later This Year With 5.9-Inch Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-logo-mirrored-fade.png

Leaked intel for the SGS4 isn't the only hot topic from Samsung. A new rumor about the next super-phablet from Samsung, the Galaxy Note III, just surfaced. Supposedly, the new flagship in the huge smartphone category will come with a 5.9-inch AMOLED display. This is in contrast with previous rumors suggesting a 6.3-inch display, but we aren't complaining. There should be a stopping point before you can continue calling a device a phone and must then call it a tablet, and 6-inches seems like the right spot for that.

There were a couple of other tidbits that came along for the ride with this rumor. One is that the device will likely have the Exynos 5 Octa-core chip in it. This is unsurprising, and would probably have been disappointing if it weren't the case. The other morsel is it will not have the flexible display that Sammy has been working on for the past couple of years. Apparently they still have some kinks to work out before we start seeing it show up in devices.

That's it for the GNote3 rumor-mill. How many of you guys are going to skip the SGS4 and wait for this device?

Source: Phandroid

Reaction score
Just got a Note 2 in December. I think I'll wait until next year when the Note 4 comes out and has the flex display :)

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
no bezel? I'm down.... with a bezel... no thank you.

Man I can't wait I just got the note 2 it's amazing... I can only imagine how AMAZING the note 3 will be

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I was skipping the S4 anyway and this just makes it better - will definitely check out this device :)...still have high hopes for the Moto X as well but I love the screen size of the Note 2 and it will be hard to "go down" in size!

huskur

Reaction score
I was thinking the SGS4 but the Note III seems like it will be the way to go for me. I love the Note 2's size. Personally I think it should be the same size as a Nexus 7!!!!!:biggrin:

huskur

Reaction score
I was thinking the SGS4 but the Note III seems like it will be the way to go for me. I love the Note 2's size. Personally I think it should be the same size as a Nexus 7!!!!!:biggrin:

Scratch that! On second thought I will buy the SGS4 and try it out and sell my Note 2 for top dollar before the Note 3 comes out. Then I will get the Note 3 and have the SGS4 for back up!

champaned_out

Reaction score
as a amazing as the note 2 is.. its just too big for my hands... my S3 felt so much more comfortable in one hand than my note 2... im actually looking forward to the S4 and its 5" screen... i think that would be the perfect size to operate comfortably with one hand

equake

Reaction score
Not sure about the growing size. This is more a tablet than phone. I much prefer 4.7" screen edge to edge than something with a big bezel...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the growing size. This is more a tablet than phone. I much prefer 4.7" screen edge to edge than something with a big bezel...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I love the size of the note 2, if the note 3 is a 5.9" edge to edge that's awesome... If not it'll be way to big..

With the increase in resolution screen size has to go up some for sure. Not to much though

---
I hate jelly beans, Google's jellybean is alright though.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet Galaxy Note II

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Samsung-logo-mirrored-fade.png

Leaked intel for the SGS4 isn't the only hot topic from Samsung. A new rumor about the next super-phablet from Samsung, the Galaxy Note III, just surfaced. Supposedly, the new flagship in the huge smartphone category will come with a 5.9-inch AMOLED display. This is in contrast with previous rumors suggesting a 6.3-inch display, but we aren't complaining. There should be a stopping point before you can continue calling a device a phone and must then call it a tablet, and 6-inches seems like the right spot for that.

There were a couple of other tidbits that came along for the ride with this rumor. One is that the device will likely have the Exynos 5 Octa-core chip in it. This is unsurprising, and would probably have been disappointing if it weren't the case. The other morsel is it will not have the flexible display that Sammy has been working on for the past couple of years. Apparently they still have some kinks to work out before we start seeing it show up in devices.

That's it for the GNote3 rumor-mill. How many of you guys are going to skip the SGS4 and wait for this device?

Source: Phandroid

Flexible display ..."Apparently they still have some kinks to work out..." I wondered how they would deal with kinks in a flexible display! :D

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What could be really cool with a flexible display would be capacitative buttons on the top edge (i.e. places you don't usually hold the phone). Would be nice for the volume rocker, as well, because thru a case it can be a pain to adjust effectively (this assumes the software handles incidental/unintentional touches).

Obviously, then, you can't have a case if you have a wrap-around screen and little to no bezel...so the phone itself would have to be pretty rugged

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Samsung should just make the same stuff but in different sizes. Have phones with a 4" & 5" screen, a "phablet" with a 6" screen, and tablets with 7" & 8" screens. All bezel-less, of course. Problem solved. :icon_ lala: