[Rumor] New Motorola X Phone & Motorola Nexus Phone Details Leak

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Yep, the last Razr phones that are rolling out of the door are the last remnants of the old Motorola development road map that was there when Google purchased them. There was another phone that they released a few months ago, but I don't feel like looking it up. And that's it for the old Motorola.

They may say it's not a "wow" phone but we're finally going to get a look at the philosophy and direction they're going to follow. Will they use Qualcomm's new RF360 chip? Will they be root/unlock friendly? How customization friendly will they be? How will they link together for their upcoming ecosystem that includes things like Glass and their upcoming watch?

Seriously... you're not curious? The phone probably won't be the one with the most "killer specs" (killer specs are over rated anyway), but it will be a glimpse at a new horizon in Android/Motorola development.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
A Motorola Nexus? That'd be interesting to watch

Tapped from a Nexus

If it goes through Verizon I'm quite sure they will water it down (Lack of accessories or remove feature of the accesories that the gsm model came with) and screw up the launch as they did with the samsung nexus or not get the direct support from google as hyped here and many other places.

VZW really trashed the nexus branding at least in my own opinion, it no longer holds the meaning of what the nexus branding actually stood for and VZW went out of their way to do it.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Seriously... you're not curious? The phone probably won't be the one with the most "killer specs" (killer specs are over rated anyway), but it will be a glimpse at a new horizon in Android/Motorola development.

Oh I am VERY curious to see this phone, but I got turned off when the reports from Google execs saying this won't be a WOW phone. What is WOW..I guess its a preference and opinion but to be honest, I've yet to be WOWed since Moto OG Droid. Only difference now is really the phones are faster..camera..screen (be it size/resolution) are better too but every phone is doing the exact same thing..oh and how can I forget about battery..lol.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
IR.. you mean Infrared? I haven't seen IRDA tech on a device since my old HP PDA. I think IRDA is a dead tech not likely to be seen in devices ever again. Logitech has a WiFi to Infrared universal remote that lets you run their poorly designed app in an attempt to use your phone as a remote for your entertainment system. There was another one that used bluetooth tech but I think it was a lot more expensive. While it would be cool to use your phone as a universal remote, unfortunately I don't expect IR to be a built-in feature.

One of Sony's new Xperias also has an IR transmitter & universal remote app built in.

Crf450r420

Reaction score
Still glad my renewal is in October. I get to see it this becomes something worth interest. Also, it will give T-Mobile more time to get LTE to my area. Got half a year of now worries, but will have to make many choices at the end. More than likely work out better for me and many others in a similar position.

gibson99

Reaction score
after trying out a "sealed" battery in my d4 (after having had a removable and then an extended in my D2), i will never buy another phone that has a non-removable battery. i gotta have an extended, and no, those stupid external ones are NOT a solution. the only acceptable solution if the battery was fixed, are the cases that also include a battery. that way you don't have to deal w/ cables and extra devices to charge/carry. to me, it's worth extra thickness/weight to have a phone i can actually USE all day without worrying about running out of juice. with my d4, i have to either always carry a charger or at least a usb cable everywhere i go, which is not exactly convenient.

jtc303

Reaction score
after trying out a "sealed" battery in my d4 (after having had a removable and then an extended in my D2), i will never buy another phone that has a non-removable battery. i gotta have an extended, and no, those stupid external ones are NOT a solution. the only acceptable solution if the battery was fixed, are the cases that also include a battery. that way you don't have to deal w/ cables and extra devices to charge/carry. to me, it's worth extra thickness/weight to have a phone i can actually USE all day without worrying about running out of juice. with my d4, i have to either always carry a charger or at least a usb cable everywhere i go, which is not exactly convenient.

Or just get a MaxxHD :cool:

Why is a removable battery so important to you? So you can put in a fresh one if need-be?
||Samsung Galaxy Tab2.0||

gibson99

Reaction score
Or just get a MaxxHD :cool:

Why is a removable battery so important to you? So you can put in a fresh one if need-be?
||Samsung Galaxy Tab2.0||

unless the maxxhd has a physical keyboard i'm not interested.

removable because stock never lasts long enough for me. removable so i can put in something with more (usually at least double) capacity, so that i DONT have to carry a spare/fresh one, and don't have to always be on the hunt for a power outlet. i don't care that it makes the phone thicker - for me, that's a GOOD thing. i hate all these phones that are so damn skinny you can't hold them on your shoulder, they're easy to drop, and are more likely to get broken by bending. sure it looks spiffy but if it means you can't use the phone to its full potential, then it becomes a problem and makes the phone worth a lot less to me.

with my d2 and its extended battery, i could go all day with heavy use and still have 30-40% left by the time i'm going to bed and plugging in for the night. on weekends i could go the entire weekend since i didn't use it as much as during the week. with my d4 under the same usage patterns and the same apps, even with ICS (which is supposedly more battery-friendly than GB) i don't even make it to dinnertime before the battery completely dies, so i have to stay plugged in all the time while at work, which isn't very convenient.

it'd be awesome if i could do a razr maxx style battery hack to the d4, but it's already been shown that the max battery doesn't fit a d4. there's a company that makes replacement batteries for the d4 but it's the same capacity as OEM so what's the point other than not having to go thru moto service to get a worn out battery replaced?

THE WITCH

Reaction score
You can try the "Ram Booster" app at Google Play, it is free. This has doubled my battery life. You can go to settings and set the booster at the time intervals that is best for you. I have around 315 apps and many run in the background, draining my battery. The "Ram Booster" stops these apps. Of course, they will start up again, but my Ram Booster is set for every 5 minutes. You can even do 1 min boost. Of course< I always carry an extra battery, but I don't need to change it very often anymore. I hope others use this app too. dancedroid

Crf450r420

Reaction score
I still miss my keyboard, but didn't go droid 4 because no matter how good a phone. Without power it's a paper weight. For that name onegood part of a car with no battery power.

THE WITCH

Reaction score
Gibson,

I also had the "Advanced Task Killer" and it was not doing the job at all, and I think it was draining my battery, so I deleted that app. The "Ram Booster" app is working great and is saving my battery life and it does not have any push ads. I hope Android owners try this one out to help extend their battery usage.

:)

Fuzzball

Reaction score
gibson99,

Have you disabled the Global mode? Setting it to LTE/CDMA is one of the first steps to extending battery. The JB update reset that on my phone and I was wondering why my battery had gone down so quickly. There's also a battery forum here that may be able to help you extend out your charge without interrupting your daily usage.