1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Rumor] New Android Market and maybe, just maybe Google Music.

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by t.crawford714, Feb 1, 2011.

1. t.crawford714

t.crawford714 New Member

Tomorrow at Google's press conference while they are showing off the almost, if not finished, Android 3.0, there will be a new market that is web-based. The reader might find this cool, I have. If you download an app on the market you don't have to connect your phone via USB cable anymore! All you have to do is wait, it downloads OTA with your phone automatically! Isn't that how we like things now-a-days? But wait, there's possibly more! Something called Google Music! Sure you may have everything on your computer, but what about your Android device? Well with Google Music you can now stream your music from your computer to your Android device!

Rumor: New Android Market, Google Music Announced Tomorrow | Android Phone Fans

Have a great day everyone!
  2. porkbrains

porkbrains New Member

The market is super broken for me... Thought it was my new root, but twitter confirms. I'd bet this has something to do with it. Same thing happened with last Market and Maps update.
  3. aDroidman

aDroidman Member

I hope google music is worth it!! Im stuck using audiogalaxy till something better comes

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. t.crawford714

t.crawford714 New Member

It would be nice to see something like Google Music.

Swyped from my DX
  5. t.crawford714

t.crawford714 New Member

6. JKingDev

JKingDev New Member

gah. I dont want another music streaming service. I want a music syncing service. I'll keep my local copy. I dont want to be out of music when I have no reception.
  7. t.crawford714

t.crawford714 New Member

I have my most played songs on file but it would be nice to see a Google app.

Swyped from my DX
  8. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

To me that's the big boat the companies are missing - subscription on-demand that you can take off-line. Maybe it is out there, and I think Napster is or was something like that but the best parts of artist catalogs were not included and I prefer 192bit quality.

That'd be a windfall for the recording studios and artists - $5-$10 a month and all you need is a way to measure play to allocate the revenues.
  9. t.crawford714

t.crawford714 New Member

I know with Zune you can pay like $10 a month and download as many songs as your heart desires...
  10. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Google Music is a syncing service.
  11. JKingDev

JKingDev New Member

Are there any details about how it works? I thought it was all still just rumors.
  12. t.crawford714

t.crawford714 New Member

If I remember correctly check out the link in my OP.
  13. JKingDev

JKingDev New Member

Your OP says its a streaming service not a syncing service. The link does not seem to suggest otherwise. And unless I am missing something there was no announcement about it right? Just more honeycomb.
  14. t.crawford714

t.crawford714 New Member

And don't forget the new market ;)

Swyped from my DX
  15. t.crawford714

t.crawford714 New Member

Everything says its a streaming service, I don't want another one, I want a sync, but I guess where would it store the files if your like me with over 80gb of music....

Swyped from my DX
  16. JKingDev

JKingDev New Member

I have 20gb of storage I pay google $5 a year for. Would be enough for me to store my music. They offer 80gb for $20 per year. But I guess I really dont need a cloud service. I just want a more convenient way to sync my phone and music than manually copying the files. Its not a big deal though.
  17. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

I have 20gb of storage I pay google $5 a year for. Would be enough for me to store my music. They offer 80gb for $20 per year. But I guess I really dont need a cloud service. I just want a more convenient way to sync my phone and music than manually copying the files. Its not a big deal though.[/QUOTE]

How do I get in on that? Great deal. I've been looking for about 80gb to back-up my computer and music, and at least for the computer I want a portable solution in case it blows up on me on the road (drop box is too expensive for that)