[Rumor] Motorola Targa May Be first Tegra Kal-El Quad-Core Phone

allan1313

Reaction score
Just give me a killer phone already motor!!! Call it bionic or call it something else. Just get one out by the end of Q3.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

darkmatter

Reaction score
Jeeeez and I am sitting here waiting for the Bionic to upgrade to from my D1. Wish I knew how much longer I'd have to wait. If it is until December, I might just go for the Bionic.

I want the D3, but like you, my d1 is getting long in the legs. Don't get me wrong, its running stronger now than ever before (1.2ghz and sourcery 2.2) but its finally starting to show its age with newer apps/games.

I'm thinking I might settle for xperia play until one of these true next gen phones come out. At least I'll still have a great device to run console emulators on when I upgrade. I'm just not sure I can handle not having a physical keyboard. It'll be a good experiment to see if I get Targa or D3.

ymihere

Reaction score
I am going to wait for two reasons my contract ends next April I read an article somewhere on the interwebs that the quad core

ymihere

Reaction score
Will be in phones some time in 2012 sorry bout the double post this dude beside me made my me hit send

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
yeah, you can't just keep waiting for the next best super phone... i'd still be on my nokia 8260 in that case!

the droid3 will be dual core, sport a number-row-equipped physical keyboard, qHD screen and if rumors are to be believed not be gimped by motoBlur crap. Definitely grabbing that :)

WoW cant compare, but ok....

My upgrade was due last Jan. It will be time worth waiting If new Tegra looks this way. Im still using my Droid 1 W/ MIUI ROM. I will wait till Dec. even longer if I have to. New X2, droid 3 are just not attractive enough not to wait.

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
For all of you speculating on Targa's specs, hardware being more advance than what Android could handle, Motorola's working on its own OS and so on… Mayb all of you are somewhat in the right path… Targa soon coming out being the Bionic with a Quad core with a nice surprise from Motorola with its unprecedented new OS needing the powerful hardware of a Quad and making sense of all of this speculations…. Leaving all competitors 4 years behind.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
For all of you speculating on Targa's specs, hardware being more advance than what Android could handle, Motorola's working on its own OS and so on… Mayb all of you are somewhat in the right path… Targa soon coming out being the Bionic with a Quad core with a nice surprise from Motorola with its unprecedented new OS needing the powerful hardware of a Quad and making sense of all of this speculations…. Leaving all competitors 4 years behind.

And this amazing phone can be yours for only 999.99!

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Haha believe it or not, Id gladly pay that for a phone thats 4 years ahead of competition. Just gimme a long manufacturers warrenty.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

I don't think Motos Os will be that great considering what Blur is like. Also I'm pretty sure the Bionic is going to be Android.

Sent from my Transformer

akira1

Reaction score
I've waited long enough. It will be Bionic for me unless there is a serious problem with the release. I'm hoping to see the handset in April and will sign a 1-year agreement. If quad-cores are on the horizon, I'm happy to jump on that boat in summer 2012.
Sounds interesting, but I will probably still go ahead and use my upgrade for the TB or Bionic since I can do it right now.

kittens

Reaction score
Jeeeez and I am sitting here waiting for the Bionic to upgrade to from my D1. Wish I knew how much longer I'd have to wait. If it is until December, I might just go for the Bionic.

I want the D3, but like you, my d1 is getting long in the legs. Don't get me wrong, its running stronger now than ever before (1.2ghz and sourcery 2.2) but its finally starting to show its age with newer apps/games.

I'm thinking I might settle for xperia play until one of these true next gen phones come out. At least I'll still have a great device to run console emulators on when I upgrade. I'm just not sure I can handle not having a physical keyboard. It'll be a good experiment to see if I get Targa or D3.

Yes!

dancedroid

ZaChYmO

Reaction score

hahaaaa! =D