[Rumor] Motorola Google X Phone to be a 'Game Changer'; Launching May & Coming July

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely has some possibilities. Odds are the Xperia ZL won't make it to VZ so I'll either have to jump ship or hold out for something else.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Hah yeah, "features never before seen" ... watch it literally just be bloatware.

KaChow

Reaction score
I can't help it, but everytime I read that statement, "launching in May & coming in July." Does that mean every carrier launches it in May and Verizon releases theirs with a locked bootloader in July?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I can't help it, but everytime I read that statement, "launching in May & coming in July." Does that mean every carrier launches it in May and Verizon releases theirs with a locked bootloader in July?

November, black Friday. How long you been dealing with Verizon? Jeeesh. Rotflmao.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

52brandon

Reaction score
I agree for the most part. Game changing to me was Webtop/the laptop dock, the Samsung projector phone, the Nokia phones with the great cameras and camera software. And the Dell Streak and Samsung Note.
IMO there's been a "game-changing" phone at least every year since probably as far back as I can remember. DEFINITELY since I started using a smartphone with the Blackberry Storm (yeah yeah, I know it sucked lol). The Xperia Z AND the SGS4 both figure to be serious game-changers in their own rights. With the Xperia Z being water-proof, supposedly having a far superior camera, the tempered glass screen, yadda yadda. The SGS4 with the big-little chip, flexible unbreakable screen, etc. I also Hope they include their 2GB DDR3 RAM chip, which they've already developed some time ago, THAT would instantly change the game. And then, once they start including the PowerVR G6630, the game will also change significantly. I expect '13 to be a huge year for smartphones, but in reality, every year probably was, they just seem less significant now that we've gotten used to them

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Yup, my Razr Maxx has served me well for nearly a year... and I can see it continuing to do so with JB for about 6 more months until upgrade time again. It's going to be a good time when that window comes, I think!

dougherk

Reaction score
Re: [Rumor] Motorola Google X Phone to be a 'Game Changer'

How would you feel if they incorporated a HD color e ink display into this "superphone." Talk about crazy good battery life.
e5a5atuv.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

helron

Reaction score
Here is my take on it, until I see it, they can say anything they want, and if it has no micro SD card slot and non removable battery, they can keep it.

I surely agree, and hope it accepts a 64bg Sdcard

Sent using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One area I really thought motorola had a chance to shine was in the workplace. It already was an industrial phone and with motoprint and a couple other apps I really felt that it had the potential to take over for RIM. But yet again it is like they are (along with other android oems) steps behind samsung. Samsung announces new KNOX system for secure BYOD | Android Central The note 2 (and s3) already does a good job with exchange support out of the box along with encryption tech features. Add that and now Samsung not only becomes a favorite but now has the added protection to be used at work. So this leaves me asking what direction is google wanting to go with motorola? In other words are they going for entertainment in music (something htc has been trying to do with beats and camera tech), being an open device (nexus products), latest in software integration (Samsung as of late), or just a phone for the outside workers?
Do Googarola need to ind a niche for their product line and market toward that to be successful?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
That was exactly what I was thinking last night after I was on the forums and saw another Samsung "office space" commercial speaking to the SAFE features and having one device for home and for the work place. The Moto X needs to have the global LTE chip from Qualcomm as I noted in that thread, as well as easy integration for interprise solutions. It has become quite apparent that Samsung is now the company to challenge on every level of the game if you want to stay competitive, especially with their new campaign reminding people that they can have one device to rule them all.

There's absolutely no reason that with both Google and Moto backing this phone that it shouldn't be the best of everything: universal radio chipset, intelligent processing, removeable battery, quality screen, robust hardware, and--wait for it--removeable storage. Anything less would be uncivilized.

bbtkd

Reaction score
My prediction; May announcement of an amazing phone, in July we get excuses for delay #1, in September comes excuses for delay #2, and maybe it comes out in November, but they've backed out a few features so the phone barely matches the now six month old Samsung S4 and two month old iPhone 6. This is still Moto we're talking about, Googlified or not.

Crf450r420

Reaction score
Works for me. My next upgrade is in October, so this phone should actually be out by then and hopefully with some feedback already. If it's the Nuts, I'll get one. If not Razr HD Maxx. Perfect.:icon_ lala:

Crf450r420

Reaction score
But only if the Razr Maxx HD is still available by then...

Good point, but being as popular as the Maxx phones have been. I can't see them not having an upgrade to it coming afterwards. Maybe the X will be that upgrade.