[RUMOR] Motorola Facebook Phone

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
motorola-ex225-facebookphone-1.jpg

Facebook’s draw seems to have gotten the best of Motorola as they, too, seem to be set to announce a “Facebook phone” of their own. Preliminary confirmation of such a phone popped up at the Bluetooth SIG. Like HTC’s Status/ChaCha, the Motorola EX-225 (it’s model number until we can get a name to attach to it) will have a fully-exposed QWERTY keyboard in portrait mode with a blue Facebook button sitting beneath it.

With that, Facebook integration is expected to be a major focus. While we’re not sure how Motorola will go about transforming MOTOBLUR for this purpose, we should note that HTC’s implementation wasn’t all it was cracked up to be.

In our review of the HTC Status we criticized HTC for providing little incentive to use their Facebook services opposed to the official option you can find on the Android market. At the end of the day, we deemed it a nice phone for those who want a portrait QWERTY device.

While HTC’s disappointing offering (which is said to be doing pretty poor at retail) will have no bearing on Motorola’s, we won’t hold our breath for the Facebook phone that many-a Facebook fanatic have been waiting for.

SOURCE: Motorola's own turn at Facebook phone shows at Bluetooth SIG | Electronista

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Why would Motorola.... Now Google owned... make a Facebook phone!? If anything I thought they'd do a G+ phone from Moto

Xoomin with Tapatalk

silverfang77

Reaction score
I don't know what Moto is thinking, since people didn't like the HTC Status (though I thought it was cute).

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I really don't understand the need of a Facebook phone. Honestly, I'm not into Facebook, it bores me. Anyways, it takes what, 20 seconds to take a photo and press Share > Facebook -.- A dedicated share button makes it what? 5 seconds faster? Big whoop.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Why would Motorola.... Now Google owned... make a Facebook phone!? If anything I thought they'd do a G+ phone from Moto

Xoomin with Tapatalk

The HTC facebook phones all run android just like this one would. Why wouldn't Google like that?

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The HTC facebook phones all run android just like this one would. Why wouldn't Google like that?

And plus, why would they waste money on google plus if its not even as big as facebook YET

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
And plus, why would they waste money on google plus if its not even as big as facebook YET

Plus G+ is still in beta.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Plus G+ is still in a CLOSED beta

PLUS it's a RUMOR anyway.... Google is smart enough to know what to make and what not to make. Why would they have any problems making a phones with a facebook share button!? Many people would buy the phone and use the damn button. Personally; Facebook is useless to me and having a share button is like teats on a Bull so I would not bother too much with a facebook share button phone.

barski

Reaction score
What is with the hump on all the Motorola phones without a physical keyboard? The Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Bionic, and now this rumored facebook phone? The hump is becoming Motorola's new trademark. And i think the reason is a little more than hardware, slim design like apple - are they trying to stay clear of problems that are facing Samsung?

Back on topic. A Motorola Facebook phone will fail.:p

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
What is with the hump on all the Motorola phones without a physical keyboard? The Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Bionic, and now this rumored facebook phone? The hump is becoming Motorola's new trademark. And i think the reason is a little more than hardware, slim design like apple - are they trying to stay clear of problems that are facing Samsung?

But this phone DOES have a physical keyboard. Lol

warped1987

Reaction score
3MP camera? Seriously? Whats the point? The phone already looked like it would be lacking in software, why make the camera like that? They should be making Front Facing Cameras 3MP by now.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score

It's the type of LTE chip they use, if I remember correctly. I like the hump, gives it a more solid feel in the hand.